Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

URT for lower classes - update.

Started by Triantos [984160] on in Racing.

18 replies · 341 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Triantos [984160]
Can we get a URT for the other classes please? We all know how popular that would be. I have posted this in the suggestions forum.

Please support here

for example:

The class B URT can be joined by class A & B racers. ONLY class B cars allowed to race!
The class C URT can be joined by class A, B, and C racers. ONLY class C cars allowed to race!
The class D URT can be joined by class A, B, C and D racers. ONLY class D cars allowed to race!
The class E URT can be joined by class A, B, C, D, and E racers. ONLY class E cars allowed to race!

In effect, the URT for class A should only be accesible by class A drivers and only Class A cars should be able to enter the races.

Mentions: URT for lower classes please.

Triantos [984160]
I'm bumping this cause I've edited the original post for the sake of elaborating this suggestion with more details to make things clear.
Rogue [1873490]
Okay, so a class A driver, like me, with many fully upgraded cars for lower classes (at least two for each class), competing against a class B racer with only access to class B upgrades.

I will beat them every single race.

So this is pretty much Night Racers, class A racers who wanted to fully upgrade some lower cars... I'm all for it, are you volunteering to run it?
Triantos [984160]
I don't even know if im worthy of running something like this on my own, but would love to help out. Above all I don't want it to be some deadbeat set of tournaments from the forums. I want some publicity in the newspaper so that the city will know about it and we need sugarvalves for that. He's the guy that can light this up and get it on Chedburn's radar. We need prizes, we need publicity, we need this to be official. It's time we stop neglecting the other classes. We need a URT for each of the classes.

Sugarvalves is the guy that can pull the strings to make this happen I believe. If sugarvalves doesn't wish to help bring this into fruition then I will do my best to produce 4 unofficial tournaments (one for each class).

The spring season URT for class E, the summer season URT for class D, the autumn season URT for class C, and the winter season URT for class B. I won't do one for class A, because we have the official URT for that.

These four URT will run at the same time each year and a hall of fame will be produced to honor the winners of past tournaments for each class respectively.

For now I'm interested in supporting this to become a set of OFFICIAL URT for lower classes. If that fails then I will create another thread to announce the coming of the four unofficial URT for lower classes along with rules and deadlines for qualifiers.
Triantos [984160]
The likelyhood is you will mostly be competing against class A racers. A lot of us have upgraded lower class cars by now.
Prezze [2121612]
Only thing you can propose is to not use upgraded cars aka stock cars.

But then again if you have alot of laps the difference in racing skill between class A racers and others will make the class A racer win again.
Triantos [984160]
There have been plenty of stock car races and mini tournaments already. This set of annual URTs will be for those who want to put their driving skill and garage to the test. Same rules as the official URT will apply with only one exception: only ONE class of cars are allowed to race per URT (for example you can't race a class A or a class C car in a class B URT). I think when it comes to rules we need the lower class URTs to be as close to the official URT as possible in order for them to keep their novelty (if they ever aquire any).
Prezze [2121612]
Indeed, but why make more then 1 URT.

URT is already made for people who have put in time and effort. By making the suggestion as a new tournament, you are even thinning out more the playerbase who can win. There are plenty of people around 20 DS who can make it in URT, but who wouldn't be able to compete in this tournament.


So it's actually asking for an extra URT for even less people who have a chance.
Stormcast [773244]
Night Racers covered every class and track and was often won buy someone with lower DS.

What you actually want is a tournament you could win, so why not set one up, promote it and fund it and enter it. Then when you dont win it be magnanimous in defeat.
Triantos [984160]
You can't please everyone all the time. There will always be people that find something not to their liking, because it doesn't suit them. The important thing is to begin the works for lower class URTs so that they can one day become official. If I'm not mistaken even the official URT was once unoffical, so this is the way to go with lower classes in my oppinion. It's up to us the racers to lay the foundation and let popularity do the rest.

EVALUATION:

With regards to the poll, I feel that the motion for such a thing would gain more support at a later time. However this doesn't mean that we don't have enough people ready for it now. More people will support this as time passes, when more racers have upgraded lower class cars and are able to stand a fighting chance in such competitions. What we are seeing now in the poll are the people in the forum whom are ready to compete vs the people in the forum who do not favor this idea for the time being, because they don't have the upgrades yet.

CONCLUSION:

1. There is a chance I will initiate the launch of the first URT for lower classes during the spring season with class E URT being the first one up for qualifiers, and continuing upwards with the next class during the next season (autumn class D URT, summer class C URT, winter class B URT). I will make sure that the timing for each lower class URT does not clash with the official URT of the game. If anyone wishes to support the launch please let me know, because at the moment I'm organising this on my own initiative.

2. There is a chance I will postpone this project to a later date, when more people have upgraded lower class cars and are able to participate. This may be the wisest option indeed, but it's too soon to say.

I will post here any news and progress regarding this topic, so do keep an eye out and thank you for your feedback and participation in the poll/discussion. Please continue to vote and discuss if you are new to this topic and are reading up on it.
Prezze [2121612]
For one I never look at games where I want to increase my chances of winning. I'm known in my faction to hold alot of games that cost me alot of ingame money (of which i have held multiple racing tournaments in different setups aswell). I hold these to try and get more people into racing and just cause it's fun to do so.

Also what is a lower DS for you? 30? 25? 20? 15? 10?

My ingame age isn't old, but I have been non-stop racing since mid january this year. I know it's not nearly 1/4th of the top dogs in racing like you in terms of time.

It's just I know 100% there is no chance for me to even place in such a tournament, since I cannot afford to upgrade all necessary cars for lower classes. I'm just at the point in racing where I am doing constant 100 lap races to test car setups and to increase ds.

Furthermore for the proposed format I know people with 25 ds that can't even participate. Hence why I made the remark that this is really a format for the cream of the crop.

I'd rather not see the classic urt being replaced by this one.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
This is being billed as "for lower classes". But for practical purposes, the only people who will do well in it are A class drivers with high skill and lots of racing points that they can use to upgrade lower class cars.

It's effectively more exclusive than the standard URT. And there is nothing wrong with that, but billing it as "for lower class drivers" is very, very misleading.
Triantos [984160]
Lower class URTs. First thing that pops in everyones mind when they see that is "only class A racers will have maxed out lower class cars". Anyone who even glances at the comments of this forum can see people talking about how exclusive these tournaments will be to class A racers. Anyone who reads my original post can see what is being "billed". Honestly there is no cloud of confusion here. Nobody is being misled. I understand your concern, but I have been as clear as I can be. If there's anything I can do to be clearer I would do it, but I have to call a spade a spade and the lower class URTs are lower class URTs.

The U in URT stands for ULTIMATE, so that should be a dead givaway as to what kind of standard is expected and what kind of contenders it's for. Anyone who complains because they don't have the upgrades is just being selfish tbh. It's 100% fair for a tournament to live up to it's name. The only unfair thing about this is that it's perhaps too soon for it. We shal see about that. As stated I may postpone to a later date... I may not postpone. I'm still evaluating the situation.

When I failed to qualify at the last URT I congratulated the ones who performed well and watched the rest of the tournament as a spectator and a fan of the URT. It was interesting and entertaining to watch the best racers and underdogs go at it. I don't only support the URT when I'm in it. If you're reading this and are a lower class racer who feels left out, please don't feel like that. The lower class URTs are designed to motivate people to stop neglecting 80% of the cars in this game.

We can have a lot of fun with all these cars, so please support and remember if you upgrade lower class cars you have just as much chance of winning these URTs as you would in the official URT.

My advice is this: If you have fully prepared yourself for the official URT and have maxed out your class A cars, then don't just aimlessly let your precious racing points stack up with no purpose. Start preparing for the lower class URTs and rise up to the challenge! What class URT will you focus on first?! Pick your class baby... and see you on the tracks!
Triantos [984160]
After much thought I've decided that the responsible thing to do would be to postpone the lower class URT series for about a year. After getting feedback from the players it has become apparent that almost everyone would be ill equiped to take these set of tournaments on in a respectable standard. Also I don't have the budget to reward the contenders atm. It would be selfish for me to give in and launch this series of URTs for my own (and a few others) enjoyment. If you're going to do something like this, it should be done right and not rushed. I feel that the racing community is simply not ready for a set of lower class URTs at this present time.

If all goes well we will start with the class E URT during spring 2021. I will announce the prizes and qualifying date well in advance. Hope to see you there.

Until then, good luck on this years official winter URT. See you on the tracks!