Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ducks

Started by Ducksforlife005 [2236859] on in General Discussion.

22 replies · 790 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Caedes [2100412]
So I can see how much health you have so I know if I can take you

Like rn you have low health so I know I can beat you
Holy_Diver [2270676]
If you have low health personally I will skip you because I know already you've either been mugged and have mug protection or you were left on the street which is usually never the case in my experience.
dunmugmeh [538353]
I think there is enough cotton wool and bubble wrap as it is and over time more of it is being introduced.

A change like this would be baby sitting and nannying to the worst degree.
iribuya [2103695]
If you think about it, showing the health is babysitting to the attackers. They can see if a target has lots of health or not and know the risks. During bountie claiming I often take a risk on a user that has taken more xanax when their health is low.

So OP does have a point, showing health makes it easier for the attacker. So not sure who's the person needing the Waambulance.
Cthulhu [1616063]
I don't think this should be removed. It's literally always been there and I've personally never had an issue with it.

But even if it was removed from their profile, whats the point? You can open up the attack loader and see their health there anyway (BEFORE you attack them).
We would have to hide their health on that initial screen until you actually initiate the attack.

Also, you can calculate someones approximate life just by looking at their profile anyway. (apart from their merit upgrades, but that can only add an additional 50%)
iribuya [2103695]
Yeah, i'm not saying I agree with OP, but he does have a point. We can already guess someone health by level / company, but it would still be an interesting idea to NOT show health. It could be tested for a month to see what the changes are in player attacks.
Cthulhu [1616063]
Sorry I hadn't actually seen your response. You posted while I was writing mine :D
Yeah it would be interesting to see how it goes down - but I don't see it happening.