Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A day without consequeces

Started by iribuya [2103695] on in General Discussion.

76 replies · 1.29k views · thread synced · 14 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 77 / 77 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
77
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

PrincessJulie [11229] ×1 bogie [148747] ×1

iribuya [2103695]
Chedburn announces there will be a day where nothing you do will last. Basically after 24 hours all progression and events will be rest back to where they were. You can gamble, attack, use items all you like because these changes will not be permanent to your account.


tl:dr What would you do if you knew a timetraveller merit was coming within 24 hours and nothing you did mattered.
Powder [1456875]
Take a day off. I wasted a shitload of days, but I'd like one without a Xanax timer to worry about now that I'm back.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
I’d liquidate everything I own, take out a fat duke loan, take out a fat loan from friends and run it down in the casino.


Would be hella fun tbh, wish that happened.
oraN [1778676]
And then you end up tripling your money and you’re sad as f**k

yes this happened to me in a torn clone 2014 - 15
iribuya [2103695]
I'd probably organise the biggest RR tournament hoping to get a 10 trillion dollar game as final. Perhaps I would try to buy a couple rare collectibles and blow them up with an SED pacakage so they are just out of the game (for that day)
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Yeah I like the idea of taking a day off, because if a 24 hour reset did happen we'd be working on issues that arise from that for the next several years no doubt...
Bang [977286]
interesting

There would definitely be surviving impressions from player to player, a lasting effect from whatever went down on that day


In answer to the question though, I would just take the day off
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Ngl, to all the people replying with "take a day off" (minus bogie since it's his job now) you might wanna take a step back and rethink how you play. Idk, just seems to me like you guys aren't actually playing a game if your first response is to take a day off. Grinding, whether for stats, cash or otherwise, is definitely rewarding, but that doesn't make it the best way to play, especially if you aren't happy doing it. It is a game after all.

No one asked but I'd personally recommend a year of 0 training, permanent mugging, guesting and casino button pressing, with a load of shits and giggles in faction chat to remedy the situation. Best year I had on torn, sure my stats suffered but it was fun :D
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Lies! You'd use such a day to figure out the statistics of something without knowing it'd affect your account! :P