Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Press Pass CE

Started by KillerDan [1980271] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 442 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
15
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Fatbears [2197270]
Someone would have to get to 60nnb get arrested then use the press pass till they're back at 60 to give a slight understanding and that doesn't sound like fun does it.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
Someone I know turned in over 4,000 job points in a TV recently, and naturally, quite a few of those were the press pass CE bonus.

So he asked me to compare his CE rankings after that. I keep a list of our faction members ranked by CE. When I checked him afterwards, it made no difference in his ranking.

I'm not sure how much that tells us. I know he didn't pass anyone in CE rank after turning in those job points, but there is no way to know how much of a gap there is (or was) between him and the next guy above him. But I know it didn't move him up a lot in the rankings the way he had hoped.
ReyDuvall [1526820]
Yeah agreed it doesn't tell us much, except perhaps that's it's not a massive amount, though I imagine we all presumed it wasn't.

4k jp divided by 25 is 160 press passes, 14 results would mean roughly 11 CE rewards on average.

I could see thinking 11 of the rewards would move you above the next highest if he isn't near the top. But yeah would personally be surprised.
The different rewards are so varied in worth, 300 energy but only 25 nerve (not the worst reward but perhaps the most relevant).

If it's comparable to the 25 nerve, the CE reward is tiny. If comparable to 2 nerve refills (quite varied by person), that's stilll... not large. It's not completely unreasonable to hope 44 nerve refills used would move you up a spot if there were people kinda clustered and the nerve bar were larger enough than their nnb.

I'm not sure where I expect the actual reward to fall. Would be nice if it were larger than 2 nerve bar refills, though.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I actually had Linked save up jp when we were running the tests for PA.. She spent like 300 jp on it but couldn't land the CE boost special while being on vanilla 60 nnb, otherwise it would have been ideal scenario to test out that special :(
Jokar [84976]
I'm that guy!
I used around 10k TV jps and got the below results:
Bonuses Total
1. Crime xp 28 6%
2. Energy 34 8%
3. BCT 29 7%
4. Work Stats 28 6%
5. Drive Skill 35 8%
6. E DVD 39 9%
7. Duke Loan 32 7%
8. Nerve 32 7%
9. LBC 24 6%
10. Casino Tokens 34 8%
11. Tissues 33 8%
12. 0.25% BS 24 6%
13. Happy 27 6%
14. City Items 32 7%
Total 431
The results are pretty even across all outcomes. Even though there's no proper way to convert Crimp XP from JPs to Arsons, I would guess that it probably gives negligible crime EXP. Probably similar to how the "Work Stats" one gives 150 of a Work stat.
All in all, I didn't move up any CE ranks within the faction from this 28 Crime JP "jump", although the scale is relative based on faction member CE ranks.
Rogue [1873490]
My guess is 0.25% cumulative CE. I tracked all crimes OC etc from 40 to 45 and 45 to 50. It took me fewer arson equivalents (nash guide math used) to go from 45 to 50... I had 13 CE results from the TV in there.

If I can be patient with the job points I will test when I hit 60. That's a ways off though just hit 50 about 10 days ago and valentines day and tiger day test my patience holding jp's.
ReyDuvall [1526820]
How many fewer?

Was just talking to Cloudjumper and we agree that it seems unlikely that Ched would re-introduce percentage based gains for CE.
There's already SEs, so he okay with percentage based gains for battle stats (for whatever reason) but seemingly not for CE.