Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction ranks

Started by JoeyCorleone92 [1870560] on in Suggestions.

38 replies · 596 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

JoeyCorleone92 [1870560] ×2

JoeyCorleone92 [1870560]
Hey guys, I have been playing a few different games that focus on teamwork and factions/clans.
I noticed that there still hasn't been any implementation of ranks for factions. The Leader and Coleader roles are just not enough.
We should have at least 6/7 ranks our members should be able to attain and be rewarded with a promotion. Ranks like recruit, associate, enforcer, capo and underboss and maybe a few more.
Also I feel like we should be able to name the ranks and customise them with permissions we want to assign to the role.
This would add another layer to factions and incentivise players to work towards a promotion and attain a high rank within the faction.
I hope this suggestion receives your support. I mentioned it to a few friends and they really liked. I then made a discussion topic in general discussion but due to public demand I had it moved here to suggestions. Thankyou.
biosterous [2377874] Wiki Contributor
it'd also be nice if you could also set it up so certain ranks automatically awarded certain faction permissions. like you could set it so that anyone you promote to "lieutenant" is automatically given permission to loan weapons & armour and make announcements. stuff like that.
Rhevy [2354284]
R+. Makes sense. More ranks should also promote within faction activity and competition. If faction rank comes with perks, deserters will also need to give it a second thought before leaving to start anew from beginner faction rank some faction else.
SVD_NL [2363978]
You should definitely ask for this to be moved to suggestions, it's an a+ idea. A lot of factions have more than 2 people in a leadership position, and a council on top of that.
JoeyCorleone92 [1870560]
Yea I agree having ranks trigger set permissions eachtime you gain a higher rank would definitely be great instead of changing them yourself would save some time and you would only need to set the permissions once for the ranks then they take care of the rest great idea
JoeyCorleone92 [1870560]
Hopefully it will be I suggested this year's ago when I first started within my first few weeks here when I joined ThugLife but didn't get much feed back n didn't really have the time to spread the word about to gain support
nex [2054500]
Your post reads like you've snorted about 20 Adderall, if you take some time to properly structure your sentences more people will feel inclined to read it.

I think it's not a bad suggestion, once I figured out what you were on about.
JustJanet [911066]
I seem to recall having different titles in the first iteration of factions that I was involved with. Seems like there were money men and some other faction jobs. Something to do with newsletters etc. am I just misremembering or does this sound familiar to other old players?
Wiber [2065939]
R+ but I think you should take Nex's comment on board and edit to improve the readability and better convey the meaning.

Seen too many good suggestions go nowhere because people could not read or understand them.

If you would like assistance with this feel free to PM.