Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Action against scammers.

Started by BrotherChedburn [1932391] on in Suggestions.

14 replies · 376 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
39
Authority score
29 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
BrotherChedburn [1932391]
My name was legomans . Okay i'll be fairly honest and true. 45 days back,a member(not naming him but the leader knows) of the popular faction RAWR had scammed me off for 40 million dollars which at that time seemed huge and a loss of my net-worth. Since then,i have also scammed people of over 100 million dollars and even lied and blocked them in the end. I used to help people,did odd-jobs and earned money respectfully but also scammed people. Till date i have hired for 31 companies and over 179 people have been given jobs by me. This is not to tell you i am great,but to say that every bad has some good and every good has some bad. But here is a humble suggestion and a quite respectful one at it.


1.I wish to have a kind of limit implemented,wherein if someone has scammed another player above a certain limit,"some action" or corrective measures be taken in order to lessen the loss of the victim and to avoid the scammers getting away with higher amounts.

2.If not the first one,i wish the new players are particularly educated on the functions of torn,and how things function in the higher levels. I have made shit stories about not trading to avoid trade tag,or i can only send money not trade while in a flight, or me having to sell the item to a third party and then passing on the money. At least, the newer players should be informed about such malpractices and not to indulge in various any such exchanges.

This is all i have to suggest and all i want to say. I don't want the likes on this forum,but instead,send this to all the new players, or at-least read this and become aware how your fellow newbies may get scammed. Few even leave the game after such losses. I want torn to progress,and to ensure player well being and satisfaction,i would like them to at-least give this a thought.

For now i flee to SA,hiding from all who will attack,mug and possible bounty me. I have told my tale and am ready to bear the punishment. I don't want the likes,but if you agree to my suggestions and wish to see the welfare of torn and the new players,bring this to the notice of the developers. Like it not for me,but for the new players' welfare,and your own. I had confessed about my scams in my faction as well as Global,and i wish to emphasize that i take sole credit of these crimes and no one else was involved.

Sorry to the countless helpless newbies i have scammed.
KbukGolf [2335446]
Scamming is 100% legal and a great part of this game to separate the stupid and the smart. Enjoy getting what’s coming for you
Cthulhu [1616063]
Nooope. Just keep in mind, scamming used to be against the rules in Torn. This would be taking a step backwards.
I believe we coddle enough as it is. I don't think this needs to change.
The ONLY thing I could suggest is that users get a bigger warning when they start the gaming about being scammed or the possible consequences of them scamming.
BrotherChedburn [1932391]
You made it obvious LS45,you're the only one whose been replying and offended. You are the bitch who scammed me,which started off this chain.
StopCrying [2226452]
Made what obvious? And I’m definitely not offended about anything. By the sounds of things it is you that has a problem :/. I hope you have a good day bro god bless
Wiber [2065939]
Once you have returned all of your ill gotten gains to me, I shall see to it that no further harm comes to you. But be quick, I have limited patience.