I don't like Torn wiki bc it's hard to use. The community is helpful, therefore, the forums are where it's at. Post biggest noob misconceptions here?
Noob Misconceptions
Started by spacerigger [2335860] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 30
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- manic [1554958] · 16 likes ·
You do? Jesus, I bet you're Crayola's number one customer... - Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
· 7 likes ·
What is hard to use about the Wiki and how can we improve it? Other than the search functionality being wank currently that is.. - DUDE [1028023]
· 4 likes ·
I run the forums
'My thread belongs in Tutorials & Guides even though it's not a tutorial or a guide.'
Moved to General Discussion.
What is hard to use about the Wiki and how can we improve it? Other than the search functionality being wank currently that is..
I run the forums
Tuts and Guides is quite literally your Torn Bible in terms of getting to grips quickly with this game. Pm me if you want a few recommendations and I will happily link them.
You may have heard Torn is a Marathon and not a Sprint, and this is very true. You always have to plan for the future not just the here and now. Torn has many helpful players willing to share their wealth of advice and tips, you just have to know where to look. :)
All noobs are deadbeats is a common misconception. Yet contrary to that opinion, there are many noobs that thrive from learning.
You may have heard Torn is a Marathon and not a Sprint, and this is very true. You always have to plan for the future not just the here and now. Torn has many helpful players willing to share their wealth of advice and tips, you just have to know where to look. :)
All noobs are deadbeats is a common misconception. Yet contrary to that opinion, there are many noobs that thrive from learning.
You do?
Jesus, I bet you're Crayola's number one customer...
Jesus, I bet you're Crayola's number one customer...
Better search like you said, which I think would benefit hugely from a tag system.
The wiki is very helpful if you want specific questions answered (or post in the q&a forum), and if you want more in-depth information.
If you want to get strategies, guides or basic explanations go to t&g forums.
If you want to get strategies, guides or basic explanations go to t&g forums.
Just to remind everyone, the topic is "Biggest noob misconceptions".
For me, I will never forget not realizing 1) the investment bank doesn't let you withdraw whenever you want, 2) 200k is not a long of money in Torn, and 3) three months is a long ass time.
I don't like Torn wiki bc it's hard to use. The community is helpful, therefore, the forums are where it's at. Post biggest noob misconceptions here?
For me, I will never forget not realizing 1) the investment bank doesn't let you withdraw whenever you want, 2) 200k is not a long of money in Torn, and 3) three months is a long ass time.
more fan access to edit the wiki to fill in a lot of the gaps in knowledge would be helpful. it's also hard to access from high security devices (aka my fam's smartphones), so we get blocked at the captcha gates often.
Me and the handful of new players that started torn only months ago are in agreement, that we scramble for resources, mostly through PMS.
Me and the handful of new players that started torn only months ago are in agreement, that we scramble for resources, mostly through PMS.
If there is missing knowledge then bring it to a contributors attention. PM me now and I can take care of anything. We have a decent number of very knowledgeable people though, chosen for good reason.
I never use torn wiki
I just use q and a
or ask people.
I also read a lot of guides.
I just use q and a
or ask people.
I also read a lot of guides.
1 - 1m is a lot of money
2 - High level players are all a bunch of dicks
3 - The older an account the more they know
2 - High level players are all a bunch of dicks
3 - The older an account the more they know
1 - It's all relative
2 - A generalised comment regarding a group of players.
3 - See 2
OT - I like to use the forums, ask other players and finally use wiki. Depending on how quick/if I can be arsed searching.
2 - A generalised comment regarding a group of players.
3 - See 2
OT - I like to use the forums, ask other players and finally use wiki. Depending on how quick/if I can be arsed searching.
Thanks for clearing these up for me. However, the thread's topic is "noob misconceptions"... which implies that I no longer see things this way. But it's always nice to see how helpful the community is to dispelled my misconceptions.
D'oh
You see this is why you should never...
1) Make a comment before reading the WHOLE thread or at least the bleeding heading
2) Make a comment in haste
3) Make a comment whilst hearing your manager approach your room
4) Doing all the above one handed and taking a phone call whilst looking busying for said manager in point (3)
You see this is why you should never...
1) Make a comment before reading the WHOLE thread or at least the bleeding heading
2) Make a comment in haste
3) Make a comment whilst hearing your manager approach your room
4) Doing all the above one handed and taking a phone call whilst looking busying for said manager in point (3)
Yes, thats a noob misconception.
Common misconceptions;
A new player can't reach HoF status because they are starting the game too late.
It will take years to get millions of stats.
Money is hard to obtain / everything is unaffordable.
Dude is relevant.
A new player can't reach HoF status because they are starting the game too late.
It will take years to get millions of stats.
Money is hard to obtain / everything is unaffordable.
Dude is relevant.