Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Queen Elizabeth

Started by liamologist [2420264] on in General Non-related.

15 replies · 120 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
KeijiShibusawa [1207271]
Being recognized for all the wrong reasons is the worst.

The Queen is among the kindest and hardest working people in the country and her neutral role above politics deserves supreme rank.
MissAdventure [2202270]
The queen hasn't been the longest reigning monarch on Britains throne by lacking in tact and diplomacy.
[image: cheesecake.articleassets.meaww.com]
Seriously, american tourists turn up at palace but have no idea what the queen looks like?
That's pretty arrogant. Did they expect her to be wearing a ballgown and tiara when relaxing on palace grounds?

I'm Australian and I prefer supporting her than giving $150mill to NASA.
At least with the queen, you get tradition.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3545513/Tourists-didn-t-recognise-Queen-left-tiara-home.html
Lat [1187876]
Hmmm.

I am tired of some of my tax going towards her hoose repairs etc when she hasn’t offered to help pay for my new boiler, despite having much more money than me.


Her ancestors were strongest and so became kings and queens, right now I firmly believe I could beat the queen in combat and take her crown, why isn’t this allowed?
Phil-I-P [2035498]
Bring some friends to help. You may need weapons though. And you may need to organise your, let's call them troops. In fact, get loads of 'troops' to make it easier. We could maybe call this an 'army'.
KeijiShibusawa [1207271]
This is just my understanding/interpretation.

The Kings who founded England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland (just the north these days) and created the UK lived in primitive times. Strength mattered back then.

The current Queen completes law creation by adding her signature in parliament. Real power is distributed among far too many people in government, courts, civil service, local councils etc. The royal family have decades of knowledge/experience in how these people work. They play a role in operating various museums, properties owned by the state and charities. They host leaders and celebrities from around the world. I assume the taxes they pay are funding public services like everybody else.

I'd say they are a net positive to the taxpayer all things considered.