Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

(NOT TORN RELATED) I need gift help

Started by Gay [2080508] on in General Non-related.

25 replies · 206 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
26
Discussion span
→
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Gay [2080508]
My son is one of the pickiest kids out there and I need help coming up with gifts for him. He is 8
Sikotiq [2120293]
How about a pellet or bb gun? It would be something to enjoy outside. And it can teach responsibility, as far as what and where to shoot.
Honor_Scholar [2172892]
Im not a papa yet, but getting him a remote control drone, leggo set of his favorite movie (or some other kind of build-yourself-kit) big action figure and a nice cheery letter on how Santa is proud of him for being a good boi with 4-6 cookies (or smores) and hot chocolate with mini marshmallows

Have double wrapped presents and have like stuffing so he can enjoy the thrill of searching through the box and taking out stuffings (to let him engage on his curiosity)
Ninivah [1950421]
Nothing. Get him to donate his gifts to charity or donate some of his time at a children's hospital or something so he can be grateful for the things you buy him wth your hard work.
Blunt [2076337]
I got some k'nex for christmas when I was 8 or 9. They're like legos but more sophisticated. I f**king LOVED them.

If your kid is into building stuff, I'd buy some k'nex. I had the box set with a motorized switch, so I was able to build working ferries wheels, and helicopters.. all kinds of cool stuff.

Good luck!
Bones [917218]
LEGO for sure. So many possibilities. Give him the winter catalog (it just came out) and let him check off anything he's interested in.

Not sure where you live but also check out Kiwi Crate, they have subscription boxes that are all science, engineering, technology, and math related and make learning more fun with hands on activities. They also have a bunch of different levels of difficulty based on age.

What about books? Does he like reading? That age there are some fun books he may be able to get into if you find a genre he likes.

Maybe something for outside - a skateboard, scooter, new bike, etc.

Really depends on your budget.
Sym [2075823]
a beginers bow & Arrow set a Basketball or a football ... try to direct him outdoors....

there is enough electronics addicted kids around the world
Viracocha [1772040]
LEGO
Try to go with the basic construction sets, instead of the topic specific kits, if you are only getting one.

I was using LEGO in 1970, and still have fond memories of those days.

EDIT: so I pretty much was 3rd in this suggestion. So ya.