Sir I did not say Level 15 isn't important , I meant rushing to level 15 blindly is falling to your doom.
Everyone tells noobs to rush to level 15 but by the time they are over there and in " Global " ; they don't learn anything and make the wrong mistakes.
Apparently no one reads properly though . On day 1 . You can afford to spend a little energy searching the dump . If in the fact you do get something valuable ; it just hastens your progress by a bit. If you did find a stat enhancer by some miracle ; you have just obtained money that can be used to turn into passive income that can be used to fund your training eventually .
I mentioned about luck.
If you are lucky , search the dump.
If your luck is trash don't bother and start training instead.
I on the other hand am levelling slowly because I spend all my energy in the gym mostly since I only do dumpster diving occasionally nowadays ( Using energy to attack people and rush to 15 I feel is a waste of energy that can be used to unlock further gyms )
The dump contains a lot of stuff. Some people even thrash Stat Enhancers .
I personally know someone who found a parachute and trashed it . Especially the newbies who are unaware of it's value.
I may seem new but I assure you I'm a fast learner .
90% of my networth is in stocks .
( Money = Stats )> passive income ( stocks , bank investments , lottery ticket investments ) > active income ( reviving service , travelling , trading , casino , wallsitting service , Merc service , spy service .. basically services in general )
If you are going to judge me based on my age and time played , I would say that's poor judgement because just because someone is new , it doesn't mean they can't give advice to people .
Rushing to 15 is absolutely not a waste of energy.
flying enables the income to continuously eat 2-3 Xanax a day, I think natural E regen is what? Around 720 in 24 hours? If you decide you don't want to Xanax train, pushing level 15 to gain reliable income is still much better than whatever you can earn before that, barring getting extremely lucky, which you should never rely on in this game.
3 Xanax a day is an extra 750 e per day, more than doubling your nat E. making up for the 7-10 days that you spend rushing 15.
Sure you could Xanax train before 15, but good luck managing your addiction level, and God forbid you OD Also good luck finding 2.5m in the dump every day to support the habit
Let's not forget that rushing 15 is a solid tried and true strategy that has been proven to build successful players, if you wish to write a guide for an alternative playstyle, you absolutely have the right to do so, and there is no issue with that, but do not spread misinformation by saying that you are wasting energy speeding to 15.
If you read properly ... I apologise if it's not clear but this was what I meant ; " I personally don't rush to 15 because I am using energy to train in the gym , rather than attack people to level up and rush to 15 "
In my guide , I did NOT say rushing to 15 is a waste of energy . I said however , these 14 days of " newbie protection " is crucial . Rather than rush to 15 , spending time to LEARN about the game instead of rushing BLINDLY is much better in the long run.
People only focus on what they want to see and read and somehow misunderstand everything else.
I have feedback from a lot of new players that after they rushed to 15 , they are still clueless about a lot of things.
Why ? They rushed to 15 blindly without knowing anything else except flying makes you money .
If you learn the game while playing it , you benefit long run .
If you play the game without learning anything , you won't benefit in the long run and will burn out .
Most people quit at level 15 onwards. Why ? They burn out flying to and fro as that is the only thing they know how to do .
So they rush to 15 , have subpar stats and then fly to earn money and that's all they ever "know" in the game .
"Using energy to attack people and rush to 15 I feel is a waste of energy that can be used to unlock further gyms"
Listen, you should spend time working on your guide instead of defending yourself, and if you are as quick a learner as you claim you are, you will realize why so many people protest your mindset on this.
My honest feedback on the subject is: Get rid of all of the talk about not rushing 15, and lose the talk about "luck" and keep the rest of your content and continue working on your day by day survival guide, honestly though, It looks like just about everything you have written about are things that have been covered in much deeper detail by much more credible players. Who knows though, I'm sure some people would like a more simple version of things.
I am level 10 for 18 days old when I spoke to this guy, Baldr, then I made it 15 for the next 4 days. Now I got 1 apprentice whom I help to survive now she's flying and earning money.
You see level 15 is the most important part of the game not surviving the 14 days. 14 days doesnt count if it would be a waste of time lurking around rather than focusing on goal to make it 15. When you are 15 then do lurking and waste your E on dump.
I better heard "check the map" not "search the dump" for items in terms of using luck. Those new player please check what I posted earlier, click here. There's a link to Baldr's Advice in surviving Torn. Baldr is more qualified in creating a guide. Level 100, Rank #25 Invincible Trader, Age 2028.
See yah, hope you guys get stronger, the faster the better! If yiu get 15 earlier you can get money by traveling abroad, which makes it easier for you to rent your own PI. Gather some money for Happy Jumps which is 28m, (mine 28m). And get your own Donator's Pack worth 25m - 26m.
At this point I am now convinced that people are unable to read fully
It is okay , I appreciate all the criticism and debate though , I am typing all parts of the guide in another documenting app before I submit and edit it properly as I am mostly on mobile at the current moment .
If I type and stop and type in my guide posts , I will be judged quickly based on how " new " and " how many days played " so best to submit full informations
I don't wish to burn out by chasing progress so soon so I am perfectly content with the way I am playing .
I'm only 32 days old , taken less drugs because I was seeking the necessary materials to happy jump not jumping on 2650 base happy ( even though that's a good start )
Obtained a proper base for happy jumping , got a nice place to call home ; obtained the basic stock blocks through gambling and what not ( FHG , SYM , LSC )
Job wise I'm there , in the long run it will reach the goal and I'm there to help and people recognise it .
Bank investment ? I messed up by locking the bank for 3 months but it just means my progress is set back by 3 months and instead of whining about it and restarting I chose to make that investment in stocks .
Obviously I could use more assistance like 24hr booster cooldown unlocked but that's something that I don't have to chase yet because running before you learn how to walk properly is a stupid thing and will end up in your own demise
Still doing good so far , instead of making posts asking for help , I am instead wanting to help people based on my experience as a relatively uninformed player who now knows through experience.
If I had to restart the game I would be making that 14 days so beneficial by the time I reach 15 , I will have a good head start on people who are less informed.
I am still in the New Player Chat so I can assure you I am well aware of what's happening and I chat with fellow new players from time to time to find out their experiences so I can fine - tune the guide accordingly .
I want it to be a daily by daily basis walkthrough , so they understand while playing but sure rush to 15 and start flying because it's the only way to make it ; am I right?
"I'm only 32 days old , taken less drugs because I was seeking the necessary materials to happy jump not jumping on 2650 base happy ( even though that's a good start )"
I wanna *face palm*, to be honest I already did. You can't happy jump without money, and being a level lower than 15 your income would be suck. Unless you buy Donators Pack using real life money and sell it in-game for 26m.
I'm 22 when I get level 15, got 10m for a day. And you are 32 days old, level 12. You slacking off too much. But it's not too late.
"I am still in the New Player Chat so I can assure you I am well aware of what's happening and I chat with fellow new players from time to time to find out their experiences so I can fine - tune the guide accordingly ."
People needs an experienced player which record their daily life experience in Torn from time to time. Not a knowledge base experience coming from newbie players.
This guy is an example of rush 15 be strong than any other player, Mr_Oxygen. He's our enemy in our current war, I acknowledge him. He's level 17, 13 days old, strong so far, he can 1 hit you in the head because you slack too much.
Kayla and Baldr guides are the best in town to get you started. Don't worry about the rest of the shit you can do here, beginning to have fun is the most important key thing here.
"I did not say Level 15 isn't important , I meant rushing to level 15 blindly is falling to your doom."
Lets get to the crux of this situation so Baldr and Jojero can have a good night's sleep XD. The dude got a Status Enhancer on his Dump dive.... this fueled his dependence on "luck" and made his perspective rise towards the "go to the dump" rather than "go to the gym" and had him guide newbies to two branches; the lucky and unlucky. This also enabled him to "slowdown" his desire to rush levels and gain money actively seeing as he can already depend on stocks for passive income.
The key to gaining money, in my perspective as also a new player, is to to become proactive, communicate with people, traders, find the faction that will benefit you, find people that can help you grow, find ways to earn money actively. The struggle of actively finding ways to earn money, only to reach lvl 15 that gives players the ability to fly overseas to buy plushies/flowers cheaper and sell them in Torn for profit. The struggle of finding capital to enable them to keep flying/running items abroad....
This was why Baldr's guides are seemingly info-dumps but they are necessary info to help the newbies decide on where they should go and how they wanna play as as well as warn newbies what numbers of players encountered and did wrong.
"I am still in the New Player Chat so I can assure you I am well aware of what's happening and I chat with fellow new players from time to time to find out their experiences so I can fine - tune the guide accordingly ."
This is a good way to get info as there are old players within New Player Chat who chose to play as level holders like the almighty Jesus, and "that guy who shall not be named" who when you piss off reveals your battlestats....
OP had a stroke of luck and that became a huge part of his guide, it's the new players choice if they so do decide to follow by his lead.
I'm glad you're writing this guide. I read a lot of the guides when I was new, and honestly, I found a lot of what was in them just didn't apply to me yet. They're not wrong, but they don't take into account that brand new players don't have stats, they don't have a lot of money, etc.
I'd make a couple of corrections to your wording of your Day 1 info:
You say the piggy bank can only be used once. That makes it sound like you can only put money into it once. Actually, you can keep it as long as you like and put your money into it as many times as you want. It's just that you can only break it to get the money out once. Also, they updated the personal stats page, and now you can see how much you have in the pig, although I think that only updates once a week.
You also say "Don't make a deposit in the bank for 3 months." which makes it sound like players should wait three months before making a deposit. You meant that people shouldn't set the investment period to 3 months. I'd say doing it for one week to start is a good idea, and then each player can choose the time period that works best for him.
About the whole using the dump if you're lucky, I've read that most people consider it a waste of energy, but it can be fun to search the dump. And when you're new and don't have much of anything, even items that other people throw away can be good to have, like starter weapons. And everything can be sold in the market. There's also a merit for throwing things in the dump that are worth at least $1 million, so you can get lucky and find something awesome.
As far as getting to level 15 as fast as you can, I would say new players need to balance that with building battle stats and net worth. I was told to use the low-stats players list to level up faster, but that list is of inactive players with stats of 2,000 or less. As a newbie, most players struggle to get their first 200 in stats. They can't start beating the inactives on the low-stats list until they have some stats of their own (though they don't need 2,000).
Another benefit of leveling up besides unlocking places is that it increases your life bar.
One thing you should add if you haven't mentioned it is that those 14 days of protection from attack start on Day 0 and end on Day 13. People are watching, and on Day 14 some people will mug you figuring that most newbies don't know not to keep their money on them.
I will be updating the full guide soon as possible .
Before i leave New Player Chat ; I will make sure I complete the guide .
Until then I have been gathering consistent information and feedback from players.
I chose not to information overload hence i break down information and give only what they need to know on that day itself.
Any Tom Dick or Harry can just make a general guide and tell you to beat inactives to rush to 15 so you can start making money selling plushies and flowers and then start saving up for PI rental ; donator pack ( if not a donator already ) ; happy jumping with 4 xanax 10 DvDs ( 24 hr booster cooldown ) 1 Ectasy ( English sucks ) ; then go for stocks or do 2 week investment in the bank till you get 2b then do 2 months of investment so you get 330-430 m whenever interest pays out etc
Always spin wheel 3 times per day even if you don't get anything etc etc
No one considers that is too much to take in on your very first day of Torn.
I don't know about you guys but if I have to read long chunks of information instead of playing the game ; it takes away the fun out of it.
I am writing it from a perspective of a daily to daily basis .
I apologise for the delay because i am doing this from mobile while in Overseas .
I am also playing Torn itself and not just relying on passive income ; lazy players don't achieve much compared to the dedicated ones .
There are also a few secret tips that most players don't share . I might give them out in the guide as well but reading between the lines will be sufficient .
I have spoken to certain people who are willing to share with me a few tips of their success ( knowledge is power , applying is key to success )
Of course, no one will reveal everything . A good magician never reveals all their secrets ; but maybe a trick or two sometimes (;