So this probably seems like a stupid question, and it really is, but is there any point to having good karma on the forums?
Forums karma
Started by DrakeC1 [2195739] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- SVD_NL [2363978]
· 10 likes ·
There is a VIP forum at 1000 karma. Other than that it's just the feeling of confirmation that random people on the internet do not hate you as much as others. Very important. - SporkMonkey [2065017]
· 9 likes ·
You get special access to the... Oof. You almost got me! Almost said too much! The first rule of... AWWWWW! You almost got me again! Not today, satan. Not today. - CoolguyRuler [2183404]
· 6 likes ·
Just a measure of how big your e-peen is
There is a VIP forum at 1000 karma.
Other than that it's just the feeling of confirmation that random people on the internet do not hate you as much as others.
Very important.
Other than that it's just the feeling of confirmation that random people on the internet do not hate you as much as others.
Very important.
Just a measure of how big your e-peen is
Wait... Not everyone on the internet will think I'm a complete dick?
Use to be a merit with karma I think.
Originally said ched there would be some benefits to having karma but as it turns out it’s just 1 super inactive forum and another I have no access to.
VIP is really VIPoo. I’m expecting Celeb forum (10k karma) not to be much different.
Karma is THE MOST useless number attached to your account.
Karma is THE MOST useless number attached to your account.
we don't have any jewbaiters yet, its actually nice
We all know it's just a bunch of Dude posts.
You get special access to the...
Oof. You almost got me! Almost said too much!
The first rule of...
AWWWWW! You almost got me again!
Not today, satan. Not today.
Oof. You almost got me! Almost said too much!
The first rule of...
AWWWWW! You almost got me again!
Not today, satan. Not today.
Okay, here's another one. How does karma work? Is it overall thumbs up, or just thread likes?
Overall thumbs up, on thread and replies
Kinda figured, but wasn't sure.
I will say, I love how helpful people are on the forums.
I will say, I love how helpful people are on the forums.
Thumbs up = +1 Karma
Thumbs down = -1 Karma
Edit: You can not go into a negative karma value despite many demanding this be made possible.
I have just recently become aware you have to have a minimum amount of letter or words in a post for it to be eligible (Stewie in bugs & issues iirc highlighted this) and certain sub sections are automatically not eligible to gain or lose karma regardless of how many words/letters are included.
Thumbs down = -1 Karma
Edit: You can not go into a negative karma value despite many demanding this be made possible.
I have just recently become aware you have to have a minimum amount of letter or words in a post for it to be eligible (Stewie in bugs & issues iirc highlighted this) and certain sub sections are automatically not eligible to gain or lose karma regardless of how many words/letters are included.
Dont worry about karma. Some people are little bitches about it. They will go as far as to report you to staff and block you from rating their posts.
If that doesn't work enough to their egotistical will, they will bitch/complain and beg ched to reverse any downvotes.
Because you know, their karma is worth more than the progression of the game development
If that doesn't work enough to their egotistical will, they will bitch/complain and beg ched to reverse any downvotes.
Because you know, their karma is worth more than the progression of the game development
Not necessarily every rate will affect your karma
Also, your post has to be a certain length for the R+ to count toward your total.
It's the MimeFaceKiller Rule.
It's the MimeFaceKiller Rule.
I found the forum post which I referenced in the above post:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16127810&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=19784605
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16127810&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=19784605
Mentions: Karma's not increasing properly.
negative karma would be great. I'd love that just to see how far down people like duderino can go
Of course there is. It boosts your internet ego
Last time i remember, that used to be a huge thing
Last time i remember, that used to be a huge thing