10 replies · 236 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
82
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
Most-liked replies
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 3 likes · The system doesn't actually join you to a race until your car is selected, otherwise you'd first have to join the race with 'no car' selected. It's probably possible to skip the 'car select' page for official races and automatically …
Thrie[148961]Moderator
· 1 likes · I think this is a good option.
Today when you join an official race, you are asked to select a car before you know which track you are racing on. Yes you can change the car afterwards, it just seems that it would make sense if you were presented with the track info while making the car selection.
The system doesn't actually join you to a race until your car is selected, otherwise you'd first have to join the race with 'no car' selected.
It's probably possible to skip the 'car select' page for official races and automatically choose a car for you - then you'd just need to change it if you wanted to.
Yeah I also realized that the track isn't picked until you have chosen a car.
I think a good idea to add onto chebs, would be an option to pick a default car that is used to join a race before you decide to change it and instead of the system deciding which car to use on it's own. cause....some of us have like 10+ Class A cars. I always pick my Honda NSX, and if I land on a track that's suits the car i don't even have to change cars anymore I've picked the right one already. Or usually just a default car that usually does well on most tracks so even if I do forget to change at least a decent car was used regardless. Hope that makes sense.
Perhaps it can just remember the last car you used - and automatically select that for all races if possible? So it's probably the car you want already, if not then just change it?
Hmm.. i guess something like that. I was actually thinking along the lines where for each track you could select a default car and if you get said track the car you picked to use by default is what you enter that track with. I pick the Lexus LFA as my default car for Speedway and Withdrawal, every time I get either of those tracks it would be the Lexus LFA I enter those races with.
I know that might be more than a little complicated to implement but it does make things more convenient and easier. We already know what car to use if the game could just remember that for each track then good as golden. But I guess that might make things way too simple.
But if the game was to just remember the last car used that would still require changing because if my last race was with a Honda NSX on underdog, and I get speedway, I need to change to the Lexus LFA. If I used the last car, it'll enter the next race with the Lexus LFA and if I end up with Underdog again I have to change back to the Honda NSX or I could end up with Docks and need to Ford GT40.It would just slightly improve things, such as skipping car selection and just taking me to the race where I can make final decisions before it starts. I guess that's why we get a whole hour before the race starts. but yeah this doesn't really improve things that much at all. You'll just end up with different cars last used each time.