Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

combination chest codes

Started by Dbpalmtree [2357641] on in General Discussion.

10 replies · 264 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
AsideKick [1985713]
123 456 789 yellow means it belongs in another 1 of the digits, green means its correct and you cannot change it, all yellow means all the numbers are correct you just need to arrange all of them, go to guides and you'll find something, if i don't make sense
LexieStorm [1865364]
If I find a yellow or green, I remember the number and still do the next set of 3 numbers until I have all 3 numbers. So like if you do 123 and the 3 is green or yellow, remember the 3 and do 456 the next round anyways. That way you can narrow down your 3 numbers quicker.
Punish3r [671176]
Had an issue last night with a 3 number combo. I started off with 1-2-3-. 1 was in the right position and it was locked in..wouldnt let me change to 4-5-6. Is this a patch to make it more difficult now or a possible bug?
sqeeksmcgee [2331793]
If it is green, it is locked in and it can not be changed. My last lockbox unfortunately had 1 and 2 in the first two spots, and I only had a couple of chances to pick the last number. Unfortunately, some will simply not give you much of an opportunity to solve them using logic. That's just the way it goes.
Xinny [1671911]
If you get a green number, that means that's the correct number for that slot and it will prevent you from changing that number, which is intentional. Been like that for a few years now, even back in old CT.

Further illustrate an example:

1 2 3: No numbers are correct
4 5 6: Two numbers here are correct, but they're in the wrong location
7 8 9: Now we know all the numbers, 7 being the correct one for the left slot, need to solve for 4 and 6. Pretty easy to figure this one out, since we know that 7 is on the left where we found the 4. Obviously 6 isn't the number for the right slot, so. Only guess left would be 7-6-4.
Kobie [2156358]
It's not a bug, it was like that last year as well. It is pretty annoying though. I locked in 2 correct numbers on the first 2 combination chests I found. Meaning, I could only change the 1 digit.... Of course, I had no luck solving them :(
Kobie [2156358]
But if you guess 1 or even 2 digits correctly on your first go, its not always going to be possible to solve.
Xinny [1671911]
This is true, especially when the first two digits are 1 and 2. I still remember the days of Old CT, where you had double numbers, like 6-2-6
Punish3r [671176]
Yeah, I was gone for 3 years so pardon my memory loss on CT. Glad to know it isn't a bug but annoying for sure and isn't a 100% guarantee but oh well, not complaining just curious.