Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

CT Scripts

Started by Krastinov [1542326] on in General Discussion.

16 replies · 655 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
100
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Krastinov [1542326]
I was reading in a Chat that there are scripts for CT.

What do you think about that ?

q. Have there always been scripts for CT ?

q. Do u think it is fair against Players who dont use any scripts what so ever ?
DedeSiregar [2430598]
It hurts the phone app players. Can't figure it out how to apply it on my phone. But all is fair in love, war and gaming so I don't complain. I see people posted in other thread but I can proudly say they don't make a lot more than me. Just matter of choosing which maps to play if no script. And for the love of God, we all need more keys
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
CT has always been built in a way where that scripts provide little to no advantage. We were also anticipating 'loot maps' so made sure there wasn't any extra advantage there too. Here's some notes....

- The minigames require a fairly simple requirement and always give out the reward when the requirement is met. Getting a higher score won't impact the reward value, so using scripts to improve the score doesn't provide any material benefit. This is also why scores are between friends / factions and there's no global scores displayed.

- If loot is missed / not picked up, it's not much concern. After 24 hours it'll disappear and provide an additional future spawn.

- Cells that move the user quickly decrease spawn rate equally. I.e. 30 seconds walking on default speed tiles yield the same loot on average as 30 seconds on high speed tiles.

- Chests are always limited by keys. As long as you have a key, you're already guaranteed that loot whenever you come across a chest.

Scripts can provide additional information to the user will in some cases... decrease fun / simplify things / satisfy curiosities. But we've been careful to ensure there's no additional advantage over those not using any scripts.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Will it make any difference if we play bunch of maps compare to stick with one. I like exploring bunch of maps but I'm afraid of missing my chance to get loot
RagingBaboon [2281609]
Thanks for clarifying the bit about missed loot. As it stands this is the biggest disadvantage of playing on mobile imo. I've had things spawn on pc that would've been impossible to see on mobile. I play both and this is welcomed news!
ScrewYu [2360193]
Yea, loot wise, I thought about how Iribuya's maps are good if you're on the phone. No need for scripts then. Never played the minigames on my phone, but that can always wait til i get to the house
Redxjak [2255595]
If you have android, I would suggest downloading firefox and then installing tampermoney extension. This will allowing you to install all the same scripts that PC users use. Only issue is that sometimes the UI is a little weird. And as a bonus tip, if you use firefox/tampermonkey extension on both your PC and phone, then you can back up and sync to the same location. So no having to worry about having to set it up on both devices. Just set it all up on PC, back it up, then go to your mobile and sync it.