Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Xmas Baking Competition

Started by poptop [1355657] on in Community Events.

27 replies · 2.91k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

poptop [1355657]
As part of our Christmas fun we are having a Festive Baking Competition. Get into your kitchen and cook your most festive Baked Item.

You can enter multiple as long as you keep them in the same post, and follow the rules for all of them

How to upload your image:

You need to upload it to an image hosting site (https://imgur.com/upload or in your profile images on torn.com

then add it to the forum with the image button on the forum post

The Top three winners, will as well as winning the standard prizes as below will also be awarded a Gold, silver, or Bronze Paint Brush.


RULES
All entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 on the 1st of January 2020 TCT Time
All entries must include the player’s name, ID and the year
All entries must be your own work
You may not use entries from previous years
All entries must comply with the competition rules and Torn game rules or will be disqualified and will not be allowed to re-enter

Prizes (additional prizes where specified)
1st place: Gold ribbon + honor bar + 1,000 points + special gift
2nd place: Silver ribbon + 500 points + special gift
3rd place: Bronze ribbon + 250 points + special gift

The Staff member running this contest has no say in the winner, all winners are chosen by duke.

Here was my 2014 Torn baking effort.

[image: s3.amazonaws.com]
GoogleAds [1849711]
Colorized: My sad attempt at baking.

Pictured: TORN Logo, GAK, Santa's Beard, Xanax, and a sad attempt at a tribute to my faction family (NUKE).

Somehow it took me 2 hours to finish this lol, but it's not that bad for a $10 budget (I got one cake and three colors of icing for this (White, Black, Yellow)).

[image: i.imgur.com]
AlianaH [2264926]
Two members of Torn (KittyHermes and I) did these together. I have Fibromyalgia and Kitty has Epilepsy with Arthritis in her Elbows and knees. There is no possible way we could have done this without each other. A special thank you goes to a third Torn member (my uncle) Emstry for cleaning up after us.

This is a sample. I expected this event to start a week ago and most of the goodies have already been delivered.

[image: i.imgur.com]


[image: i.imgur.com]

Portuguese Sweet Bread

[image: i.imgur.com]

English Muffins (Sorry about the finger shadow)

[image: i.imgur.com]


Blue Ribbon Baklava

[image: i.imgur.com]

Italian Herb Cheese Bread



[image: i.imgur.com]

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

[image: i.imgur.com]

Candy Cane Cookies

[image: i.imgur.com]

Sugar Cookies

[image: i.imgur.com]

Cinnamon Allspice Cookie Press Cookies

[image: i.imgur.com]

Yes. We made everything. Here is a tray of sugar cookies ready for the oven.

[image: i.imgur.com]

KittyHermes was even caught red handed with the Candy Cane cookies!

[image: i.imgur.com]


I did win a blue ribbon at a county fair for the Baklava. Friends beg for it ever Christmas. That recipe is a family secret. However, I will work on posting the recipes for all the other items in the food section of the forum. Merry Christmas All! :)
EIle [1973615]
Merry Xmas to you all!

I made these shortly before Xmas and they're coconut-flavored X-cookies. It was the first time I made cookies on my own, an Xperimental endeavour, and I was very Xcited and Xpecting them to be a total failure, hence the Xotic shape. They turned out better than I Xpected they would and my bloke ate them all before I could take Xtra pictures.

Happy holidays!
Xoxo

[url=https://scontent.fceb1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/79381875_2432940930277271_3202415520993247232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_eui2=AeHzetZcYOm_9OxQeUqgcddokl0nWeiBSsPjGU4EQdeic95eaJkxktYIpohPHHQBX_dBxdWAlquszRzEW1im_YRyiJUwNv_S6EaMGFUFYwEN1A&_nc_ohc=ONs-UOB04l0AQlX9QnDhLtjaXx6JW_KWRkTk2s3rZdKM5XoN0dhGMjgwA&_nc_ht=scontent.fceb1-1.fna&oh=b33dfeb4b03c2082fc7230df4f35aef2&oe=5E6C5892]X[/url]
[image: i.ibb.co]