Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

chat boxes again

Started by Cha_Ching [2266905] on in Bugs & Issues.

92 replies · 873 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 93 / 93 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
93
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
60 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Cha_Ching [2266905] ×4 Poring [2395016] ×2 AlienFTM [1954662] ×1 Savill [2278148] ×1 loki_uk [2322286] ×1 Player 2391918 [2391918] ×1

Stewie [1494547]
And, logging out, clearing all of your browser's cache and then logging back in, does not resolve this for you?

This is your best bet right now. I believe the chat developer may be working on updates (at some point) to resolve out of sync chats (from an already confirmed report).
Cha_Ching [2266905]
a couple nights ago after everybody was raising hell about chat boxes i did have another issue but i never reported it. it only happened one time. it was a personal chat. i commented in it. later when i came back it to it stuff that had already been said was below it. i honestly dont know if it was missing and came back or what.
Cha_Ching [2266905]
company chat has been ok until just recently. it backed up to Last message: Tue, 04:29 - TCT, I checked all my other tabs, the chats are fine.
Cha_Ching [2266905]
another update

the personal chat box that i was originally trying to chat in is working again. it has lost chat and reverted back to Last message: Wed, 01:21 - TCTLast message: Wed, 01:21 - TCT i checked my other tabs. those conversations are present at this time.
Cha_Ching [2266905]
2 chats up. had a connecting to server in red in both of them. they disappeared and asa company chat reverted back to Last message: Wed, 03:33 - TCT

at least we know where my problems start at now
Cha_Ching [2266905]
company chat that came up missing is back with Last message: Thu, 03:47 - TCT. stuff that was said after it came up missing is up above it
Stewie [1494547]
I think I'll just pass this along to Dima and refer anyone else with this issue here. I've never heard of newer messages appearing above older messages. I'm passing it along for a definitive answer from the chat developer.

Thanks.
darkyle98 [2412859]
Myself and a few other people in the faction have noticed that older messages come up after newer ones. The timestamp shows they're new however they are definitely older messages that are coming up. I'm on an android Samsung S9, latest OS version. I'm using the torn app and also had the issue on chrome and Microsoft edge.

We'll be having a conversation in faction chat, I'll close the app, go back on, and you've got messages at the bottom from hours ago, after the ones that have just been put in chat.
Xiphias [187717]
Same, order of chat messages is wrong. It has been happening to me for 1-2 weeks now i think. Im using the iOS torn app.
JuneBoozy [2190417]
Faction chats for me are definitely bunged up, I just lost 24 hours worth of faction chat from the time I landed in Switzerland to the time I departed back to torn.

Edit: it just placed chats from 24 hours ago in my viewable chat window.
Cha_Ching [2266905]
just noticed my company chat has gone back even further now to Last message: Wed, 01:07 - TCT. (see above)

I checked my personal chats. one is all scrambled up with the conversation out of order. the others look fine.

im not going to post any more unless requested or things get even worse.. I don't think im adding anything new and helpful.


Cha_Ching [2266905]
well...brand new

Cha_Ching: ok, which one of you is eating the company chat?


Rey: i got problem with chat too. chat notified but when i open theres no message . specially in faction chat


Rey: and some old chat gone. like 2days ago chat


Last message: Fri, 01:53 - TCT

likewise ive had the tabs turn green too.

Mentions: Cha_Ching [2266905] · Poring [2395016]

Cha_Ching [2266905]
one thing ive forgotten to share. every now and then a tab will give an extra word in front of somebodys name for a short time like this one a few minutes ago, thatsRabid_Dawg.