Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Occupations

Started by Klashnekoff [498900] on in General Discussion.

186 replies · 2.32k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 187 / 187 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Monday [2402913]
In the USA it is customer to wait 4 minutes for a seizure to pass prior to asking if that person wants an ambulance. If more than 4 minutes pass then we call an ambulance.

Choose your life or bankruptcy.

welcome to the USA.
FidelCashflow [1993550]
Scientist

I work at a CRO and do method development to separate/purify small molecules with CO2 based chromatography. Most clients are pharma early in drug development, but they vary a lot. It's interesting work at least.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
jeesh, well, phew!

anyway OT - I'm an experimental nuclear physicist, in the second year of my phd currently
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
btw @Andyman in a few pages time I'm expecting a GD thread with a distribution breakdown of tornizen occupations :-)
SVD_NL [2363978]
Medical student.

Part-time jobs in food delivery and tech support for small to medium sized businesses. Some more advanced networking and telecommunication work comes along there too :)
Jonesie [2419034]
I made and installed security shutters all over the UK but had to give up work when my partner fell ill and was unable to care for her self and out kids so now a full time carer
Swatsicle [1593313]
I do a lot of drugs.

I also study computer stuff, which I'm almost done with. If all goes according to plan, in less than a year I'll work in computer stuff. Maybe data science, maybe business intelligence. Either way, loads of fun, and more money for drugs.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Yes so they can sell theirown coffee beans and supply to restaurants and hotels instead working under minimum pay or become begars. Or like some of my roasting students: poor farmers. Instead having their raw coffee beans being bought for $1 kg after working in farms a year long, they can sell $6 a kg.
Do you know how much people must pay to get these trainings? N how many poor coffee farmers get in line to get the training? You don't. Coffee industry is not as simple as what you think it is. It is much more complicated. Everyone can roast coffee beans using fancy machine that very few people can afford in my country. I can roast perfect beans even using pans or manual drums. N that is why they need the training program.
Also do you know how hurtful it is to be bankrupt and how many coffee shop owners go bankrupt in my country? You probably don't. I have been bankrupt and I don't want anyone to go through that hell. Don't get me wrong, I am excellent in other business like fashion, event organizer and logistic. But I prefer specializing in coffee now because it helps so many people behind the scene. Like farmers, processors, roasters, cafe owners, and barista.
As for homeless kids, don't talk like you have lived in the street to care enough if you don't know how valuable free job training is. Education is fcking expensive esp in some countries. Any training that can give a job and second chance without school degree is valuable.

Edit: Oh never mind. You live in first world country. I'm sure you know a lot about dealing with poverty and how to survive when you don't have educational degree