47: “My new personal mission in this game now is not to gain levels or boost stats or make money. It's to make your life so miserable here that you won't want to play anymore.”
I have been quite stunned at people mailing me trying to defend this individual's actions.
We take this level of harassment extremely seriously, OP has (rightfully so) omitted the most serious harassment, but when an individual is sending messages of real world threats followed up by the person's full name, address, work address, occupation and other real life details then we are faced with a borderline criminal matter. The types of individuals who take things to this serious extent beyond the game are not welcome here to play this game.
People are of course welcome to attack/bounty as much as they see fit, OP may well have done something in game that warrants such things (I don't know - I don't need to know, I focus on the parts that are very much rule violations) but this is where the jailed individual should have left it - this is a game - keep to game mechanics.
"The ones attacking and bountying are D_Vulture [2195501] & Sir_Hustle [1799394]"
Nonsense.
I've had no idea this person even existed until 2 days ago when I got 10 bounties placed on me with the reason "Threathened me". After paying for a bounty reveal and finding out it was True_Revival, I've only placed one bounty on him back, hosped him once, and a friend of mine mugged him. I never contacted him at all, and I certainly didn't make any threats towards him. I don't even know any of the other people who he claims to have been harassed by. I've done nothing even remotely close to harassment and if True_Revival will make such claims about me, he should provide proof. In fact, as far as bounties go, you can go to my profile stats and see that I have only placed 4 bounties in the last month (and 3 of those were for Duke's missions).
I will add that looking at his profile his profile picture seems familiar, so it is possible I hospitalised him to claim bounties, but in that case his beef should be with people placing the bounties, not me. Lumping me in with people who harassed him just because I claimed the bounties on True_Revival is deceitful and manipulative.
I don't want to say that I don't believe you without any evidence, so I'm just going to show you what I think happened based on the torn stats: (PS: I do this because I get a hard on doing detective work on torn, let me have fun.)
December 24 - True_Revival jumps up 22 defends lost. D_Vulture gains 27 attacks won. (Conclusion: Possible coincidence.) True_Revival places 10 bounties. D_Vulture gains none. D_Vulture places one bounty. True_Revival gains 23 for a value of 300k.
December 25 - D_Vulture claims 21 bounties for a value of 1.2 million. (Possibly some on OP)
December 31- True_Revival's defends lost jumps up 26 over the next two days. D_Vulture's increase by only 7. D_Vulture gains 21 attacks won. (Conclusion: Possible coincidence... again) True_Revival places 12 bounties. D_Vulture gains 10. D_Vulture places 1 bounties. True_Revival gains 13.
It is clear that that he placed bounties on you, but I highly doubt that you had no idea that he existed until 2 days ago. Why would he randomly bounty you, unless you were attacking him? Yes, he had bounties on him, some (perhaps) that you yourself placed, but certainly bounties placed by your faction. Considering how many bounties you collected and how low your return was (1.2 mil for over 20 bounties?) one can only assume you were taking the hits at a loss. Also, he never claimed that you were harassing him (in the more serious, non-game way) but that you were attacking him because of your cyberbully friend / orders of your shitty faction.
I'm not inclined to believe either of you until a log is posted, but my gut is saying that you've been more active than you let on.
"Also, he never claimed that you were harassing him (in the more serious, non-game way)" Maybe not in forums but he did place bounties on me with the reason "Threatened me", which imo is fair to interpret as an accusation of harassing him. I don't see a big difference between the two, but I can use "threatened" instead of "harassed" for accuracy sake.
" he had bounties on him, some (perhaps) that you yourself placed, but certainly bounties placed by your faction" I'm not really sure where you're getting this part from. Who in my faction (aside from me, once) placed bounties on him? If it's solely based on the fact that True_Revival claimed it is "every branch of HT bountying him", then I'll point out we're a standalone faction, not a branch of HT.
Otherwise, yeah, I collected a bunch of low-paying bounties recently in order to progress towards the bounty related merits. I pointed out myself some of them could've been from attacking True_Revival and that possibly could be where he got the idea from that I'm part of the group attacking and bountying him. But if I collect a bounty on you, I simply move on and forget you, hence why I said I wasn't aware of True_Revival's existence until he bountied me with the accusation of "threatening him" even if I had collected one or more bounties.
I hear you. I didn't realise that your faction wasn't part of HT until you pointed it out. My guess would be that you're involved in this just because you made an unstealthed attack, and because he saw your name he assumed a great number more of the attacks were from you.
The bounties are almost certainly from HT - (" 47thWave says: So imagine 10 $1 anonymous bounties. Now imagine an entire faction devoted to putting 10 anonymous bounties on you. Every week. Now imagine 7-8 factions with people who join in with 10 anonymous $1 bounties. Gotta figure that 500 bounties a week are going to be fun for you, right?") and I honestly do believe you when you say you were just collecting bounties. Of course there is no way to tell who you hit and how often - I was merely comparing the probabilities. If he was attacked 23 times, and you attack someone 21 times - it is pretty likely (considering the circumstance) that you attacked him at least once. It is also pretty likely that you forgot who you attacked.
As for the price of the bounties ... there are better bounties to collect with stats like yours. This doesn't have to do with this thread, but man, treat yourself better. Your time/e is worth more than that.
And for the threats, only OP can answer that part.
I myself spoke to vulture hes not part of it as for the others i dont know bout sir_hustle but id believe d3vl is in on it drama runs deep with that one..
well, i don't openly support the actions, but i don't see how people get harassed over the internet..
i'll give someone my name and address. wtf are they going to do to me? nothing. if they look me up, they'll realize that i'm way better off, than they are. if they come to my house, they wont me walking out.
Ok so i see what you mean as personally i grew up with a kill or be killed mindset so anyone who trys to come after me irl would prob end up dead but not everyone has that kind of ability or mindset so i can see why hed be scared. Also i think one of the main things is this person had the info without it being freely given so that right there suggests hacking of some kind.