I was advised to post my problem in the forums:
I had listed a plethora of items for sale in my Bazaar and set off on a flight. I bought some things and set back to torn, set a timer on my phone to secure y wallet upon landing. When the timer went off, I logged in to find torn was having issues server side. I finally manage to make it in and find out I was mugged for just shy of 8.5 mil. I did everything on my end to prevent being mugged, but due to server issues, I was defeated. I know torn didn't 'officially' go down until after this happened, however I was prevented access to the site. I've taken screen shots of the issues I was having, time stamped with my phone *EST*
https://imgur.com/a/yIBWopWhttps://imgur.com/a/vPEHk3R
I know 8.5mil might not be a lot to some, but this is a large amount for me.
Thanks!
I'm afraid outages can cause situations like this, and I'm really not sure there's much we can do about it. There's no precedent of us generating money to resolve cases like this, and I'm not sure in this case we can move the money from the mugger.
I can pass this over to bogie but as far as I'm aware this is just bad luck and there's no simple resolution.
I think in this situation, the Church should refund SkyAce2004 the money that was taken due to a technical issue on Torn.
This can literally be used to get free money tho?
*Notices torn is dying*
*Sends money to friend*
*Mugs*
*Friend comes ask for church funds*
I just got a bunch of church funds!!!
I believe Torn has logs of everything we do. If a scam like that was to come about they would simply monitor what activity has gone on between both users.
If it's a genuine then the odds are likely that both users have had little or no contact between them over the last 24 hours or longer.
Also, it's 8.5million, if it was in the hundred millions or billions of course I'd suspect a scam going on.
This situation looks and seems legit.
Bogies not stupid, he knows a scam from a genuine claim.
How can it be possible to know a scam from a genuine claim?
I'm a regular mugger (while not on training month anyway) and I doubt bogie would be able to tell which of my mugs have been set up and which haven't lol
Hey it might even have been me who mugged you but I would agree that church funds should be used sometimes for this type of thing.
Yeah, it's my understanding the Torn Church is basically an insurance carrier specializing in casualty insurance related to scams/scenarios outside of a player's control. If you paid your premium (donated to the church) then submit a claim to pastor Bogie for review and consideration. If Bogie sees the claim as valid, he'll investigate and determine whether or not you are due a reimbursement.
Downtime is such a rare instance, it's not like these are planned. The odds are totally against setting up a trade/mug scam.
The OP took screenshots showing he wasn't able to log in or access torn due to the outage. Not his fault. He has proof, Hopefully Bogie agrees.
The downtime isn't planned, but when I notice Torn is starting to get slow, I can do such a fake mug lol
That's peanuts for the church. And a technical error so the pastor is guilty.
Let me know if we need to do some crowd funding
You sent $8,500,000 to SkyAce2004.
I want to see if the right outcome is done first. We can discuss this later.
Without mug protection and with 1.5 hour maximum bloodbag time this is going to be a problem for a longer outage at some point or another. I know this isn't the kind of thread for discussion but just pointing out the obvious before it happens.
Destroys, I appreciate the gesture, but I can't accept your money. This is an issue with Torn and I was hoping to get it addressed through management. I was hesitant to post this as I didn't wan't it public and make it seem like I was seeking a handout or charity. I'll be returning this to you when I'm done traveling. Thanks for the gesture!
We know you mean well and I am proud someone did this but this issue is with Torn and should be addressed by admins/management as pointed out by SkyAce.
Appreciate it though man.
You sent $8,500,000 to Destroys with the message: I appreciate the gesture, but I can't accept this.
Torn logs all of our chats. If no previous contact was made by the two players, this would be fairly obvious in the logs. Yes, contact outside of Torn can happen, but in that case the two players would certainly have interacted before.
When it's about small amounts of money, why lie and risk being punished for it? I'm all for staff being careful who they give money to, but especially with small sums like this, there's just no real incentive to lie.
I agree. I had blood bagged before the outage, was out of hospital by the time access was restored, and was swiftly mugged within a minute. Luckily I was able to sit and watch the screen and vault the money in time. Anyone who was quicker at loading TORN than me would have had a free mug. Next time I might not be able to be at my PC watching it like a hawk. It literally required me to sit and watch it refresh every 30 seconds.
Big_Rico and
Cain mugged you and stole $0 [
view] 22:06:21 24/01/20
I had tried to close my bazaar when the attack happened, but it was too laggy and was only just able to blood bag again before it went down.
Mentions:
CainToad [2104152]
· Jammy_Git [259767]
Your point is valid if they didn't know what staff are checking for lol
I could easily find someone on Discord I haven't interacted with before and arrange a mug with them
And of course, this small amount of money doesn't matter, but people do things with much larger amounts of money too