Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugged during DDOS

Started by Beesly [2394233] on in Bugs & Issues.

25 replies · 533 views · thread synced · 17 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Swatsicle [1593313]
And those requests should be scrutinized much more thoroughly than ones like OP has made, in my opinion.

Also, I think asking someone on Discord to help you break the rules of the game has a pretty low chance of success. If someone messaged you like that, would you help them? I'd bet that people would sooner report you to staff than help with this. Especially, again, for such a small profit.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Apologies for the delay here, I have spent some time giving this and other similar cases some thought and checking through.

At this moment in time I will give benefit of the doubt given the timing as I will acknowledge that whilst this was potentially beyond your control there was still "access" within Torn that allowed someone else to be able to mug you in the first place. However, intermittent issues would have affected different people in different ways during the height of the attack, which was when your mug occurred.

Ideally we can have it so these kinds of scenarios don't really come up at all, and I am reluctant to just say "Yes all of these kinds of cases will qualify for church funds" as there is genuine potential for exploitation, on both sides - someone could either see this as an exploit by being able to mug, or by potentially setting up with friends to get cash back.

I don't believe those scenarios were the case here - so will be crediting this money back using Church funds - but I reserve the right to consider all future cases as "bad luck" should it be apparent people are taking the piss.

So don't be that guy who ruins it for everyone else.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
The "clearer" cases that would be more likely to set precedent would be something such as having a ghost trade expire because you weren't able to get online, then being mugged when Torn comes back up, however that is not set in stone either and would still be checked through for fairness sake. Cases like the above are a bit greyer and will be dealt with on a case by case basis.