Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grammatical errors

Started by YHnoMadWH [2428232] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 109 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
15
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

YHnoMadWH [2428232]
Hey Stewie. There is a grammatical error in company(hair salon). When I click on the company icon benefits it says: Rumors...reduced enemy stealth. "This special provides a passive bonus of reduced enemy stealth, meaning your attackers will have a lower chance of being stealthed".
This implies that when you have it your enemy is protected and not you. It should read Stealthy. Thank you.
Stewie [1494547]
The special provides a passive bonus of "reduced enemy stealth"—I'm unsure how this implies the enemy is protected?

I.e. your enemy's stealth is reduced.
YHnoMadWH [2428232]
The part in parentheses is in the text. It is explaining the bonus incorrectly. It should read: "This special provides a passive bonus of reduced enemy stealth, meaning your attackers will have a lower chance of being stealthy". Not stealthed, which says you are the one doing the stealth attack.
CONY_CAGE [2230895]
"This special provides a passive bonus of reduced enemy stealth, meaning your attackers will have a lower chance of being stealthed".

Vs.


"This special provides a passive bonus of reduced enemy stealth, meaning your attackers will have a lower chance of being stealthed".

I agree with YHnoMadWH. The latter description here makes FAR more sense than the former.
YHnoMadWH [2428232]
This special provides a passive bonus of reduced enemy stealth, meaning your attackers will have a lower chance of being stealthed

Vs.

"This special provides a passive bonus of reduced enemy stealth, meaning your attackers will have a lower chance of being stealthy".
YHnoMadWH [2428232]
Lol...stealth is not a trademark name it is a verb. When used incorrectly as it is in this case it changes the complete meaning of the sentence. When I seen it for the first time I was very confused. I was thinking to myself, if I use this, will my stealth attacks be negated...which is the implication. If you are being stealthed by someone doing a stealth attack and they fail then they were not stealthy enough.
Stewie [1494547]
The special lowers the chance of your attacker being stealthed, I'm really not sure how this is incorrect...

I'm sure we can ask Joe though..
egbercik [2429987]
I think the underlying issue is that there is no such word as "stealthed" neither in the Cambridge nor in the Oxford dictionary, which leaves plenty of room for discussion and interpretation
Birbo [2027304]
the special lowers the chance of your enemy being STEALTHED.

Or for you so you can't complain anymore: Your enemy has a lower chance of getting the status "stealthed" at the end of the fight (so you can't see their name. "Somebody attacked you" in the event log)


They are just calling the status by name, which is 100% grammatically correct and better than using an adjective you don't need
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
That's correct.

Stealthed = The term we use for someone successfully being anonymized after an attack.

So I don't believe there's a problem here.
Lane [2032144]
Chedburn has his own dictionary and stealthed is indeed located in it. I vote we keep it (stealthed). Have a good day.
MadamBeespit [2428968]
SMH. This is just ridiculous and it IS confusing and wrong by what I've read. Your opponent being stealthed means that it is directly effecting your stat. For your opponent being stealthy means that they are the ones being effected. For someone to be told they are complaining for bringing something to attention is even more disheartening. So you're basically saying that it doesn't matter what it says it still means the same, which it does NOT mean the same. If I were new to this company I would have the same question and the same confusion from it. The fact that it's become an argument instead of trying to understand what the confusion is and fixing it. It's just put as Deal with it. That is not healthy for the game and for an employee to try and bring something to the attention shows that they care and you are just dismissing it!