Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Eviction process

Started by AcadiaLee [2117887] on in Suggestions.

16 replies · 232 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
81
Authority score
29 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

AcadiaLee [2117887]
I propose we have some kind of way to Evict people who have decided to quit the game
I have a property (didnt rent for much $1 for 100 days to faction members) and the guy left the faction or got kicked for inactivity and hasnt logged back in


Please can we have an eviction process
Ninivah [1950421]
Is say no because if a persobs pays for a property they should have it for how long they paid for it. How would refunds be determined? I can see the scams coming.

1. Rent to an unsuspecting noob for a too good to be true price like 150m for 150 days or something.
2. Evict a day later. Cash goes to hand... They get mugged.
3. Noob creates whining thread in the forums.

And some of you say those aren't really good mugs for someone who already has a pi of their own and can afford to rent a spare but, that doesn't mean it's not going to happen.
Insi [2034939]
So how would it work?

Would the money for the remaining days have to be paid back to the renter? That way if a renter goes inactive on a PI I can evict them, and mug them repeatedly as they are inactive. Ched is unlikely to implement a cheque system as afaik he wants to remove it.

An other option is to just... not pay them back, which is kinda ridiculous, imagine you go on holiday for a week and your 100 day rental on a max pi is just gone, not very fair.

if you signed a 100 day contract that's what you signed, regardless of whether they go afk or not. It might work if you have an idea of how you can make it fair to the renter.
1869113 [1869113]
What if noobs get their money back for how much they are owed into a cashiers check which lasts 48 hours?

For example if they pay 150m for 150 days and get evicted after 10 days, they get their 140m back?


OT: I don’t think this is a good idea due to the fact it could be abused easily. You would lose that sense of security that if you rent something for 100 days, you get to have it for 100 days. Rather than being unsure if your “landlord” is going to evict you at any time.
AineMari [2117276]
Make one of the requirements that they have to be inactive for X amount of time( like when your overseas and can't be hit after x time inactive) AND no one can be living in the property at the time of eviction. I would R+ that.
AcadiaLee [2117887]
I have right now a player who quit the game I was nice $1 for 100 days I can't rent again because he quit while renting... as for the Arsehole who would abuse it is why I said PROCESS not just the option to kick out
Kamikaze-Mory [2345028]
I see this as a possibility as:

Renter has quit the game and Owner of the property wants to open it for another renting period.

If renter has been away from the game more than 50% of the Rental period then Owner has ability/option to make a request to kick out the person who rents said property. If its "Short Term rent" ( lets say 1-2 weeks aka 1-14 days) then lets say 75%-90% ( makes it 10 to 12 days+/- some time) of the rental period to not make things overflow.

Short term 1-30 days

Medium term: 30-90 days

Long term: Anything over 91 days

I think that would be something, if you disagree with the day-frames then let me know and give your ideas about em.
SendDukes [2133674]
I personally sees this as a good addition to the game.
The cash can be sent back to the player as a cashier check
There should also be an eviction notice (i.e: For 3 days, if not online will be evicted, or a forced eviction notice to give them some time to find a new property to rent)
R+
Decline [790793]
I'd say it's up to the person who rents the property to make sure the person your renting to is trusted or that you get paid enough to make it worthwhile for you to rent it the entire time.

If I give a noob 1 million, and they quit... I shouldn't get any of that money back. It's essentially the same thing
D3vl [710249]
Simpe solution, if a person does not login for 7 days a Eviction option is available.

People will know about this before renting a property which means it is their own responsibility to login to avoid it.
MadZac [2418575]
I don't see the problem. You were paid upfront for 100 days of rent. You chose to charge $1, but regardless you were paid for the 100 days. When that time is up you can rent it again.

Maybe next time rent it for a shorter period, like 10 days. If they are still active after that change it to 30 days. Maybe after these 40 days they will be able to leave the nest and get something on their own. 100 days is a very generous amount of time.

I can see how it's frustrating, but you are not fault free as you are the one that set the rental agreement. Just my opinion though.

Edit: Didn't realize this is 19 days old. Sorry.