Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Negative Balance Toggle

Started by Triplicant [2037705] on in Suggestions.

28 replies · 491 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
29 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Triplicant [2037705]
This is something I feel we should have - The ability to disallow certain users to go into the negatives / debt in the faction vault or, the ability to completely stop any user from going into faction vault debt!

Furthermore, a toggle to disallow any further debt to be accrued if a user is in debt, aka, they have to pay their balance to a positive value before they can be sent any money.

I don't know why this isn't a thing already - I know I for one would love to see it implemented.

Similar to a Casino ban - You should be able to ban yourself (or others, in the case of the faction leader) from accruing faction debt!

Thoughts?
ChaosReigns [2169241]
I recently bought 100 Damp Valleys and donated them and was reimbursed by the faction, as of which my balance is now negative. Negative balance doesn’t always mean you are in debt.
Triplicant [2037705]
I have this problem of remember all too often how awesomely easy it is to spend other peoples money.

I've always paid it back so far, but damnit!

Similar to a Casino ban - You should be able to ban yourself (or others, in the case of the faction leader) from accruing faction debt!

...Oh, that's good, putting that in the OP.
Haleon [2349321]
How did reimbursement for 100 Damp Valleys end up with your account being negative? I'm not following your logic here? I apologize if it's something simple escaping my tired brain, I haven't been sleeping right.
Unless you are saying money was sent to you without the balance being adjusted, in which case I'd personally feel I hadn't been reimbursed yet.
Husk [2194840]
I feel this could be very helpful. So many times I have seen people give money to somebody already in the negatives or 0 balance.

R freaking +
LilithUwU [1185933]
I never use the faction bank because I have max intrest, but how would people be able to go into debt? I mean I can borrow $280m from duke. But didn't know the faction did that? Especially when there's always people asking for a banker?
Lat [1187876]
I think that makes the game softer.
You are meant to choose those with permission to send money from the vault carefully. How will anyone ever scam their factions again? Faction leaders can then store all their cash and never risk losing it to an opportunistic co leader or full access member.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
I was asked to pick up a bulk load of Damp Valleys for the faction, sold up points and bought 100 and donated them. Co-Lead sent me the cash a few hours later. I don’t use faction bank so my balance shows negative as the faction has paid me money, but not taking into account the value of items I donated.
Triplicant [2037705]
That a solid point, and as much as I want to refute you, I honestly can't - Because I don't want Torn to be made soft at all edges.
engels [2163679]
That's a good point to consider. But factions will also give away consumables, meds, ect. So if the balance was also based on items in/out, there would have to be a feature to filter those out too. You wouldn't want a system where if someone takes xanax to help with the chain, they're suddenly in negative debt, for example.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
For sure. But like my example if you don’t use the faction bank and are financially compensated for supplying the faction with something, your account will show negative. So not all negative balances are to do with debt.
oraN [1778676]
Your faction lead should have used payday feature since it doesn’t change balances instead of give to user