Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Helper

Started by splent [2088243] Admin on in Tools & Userscripts.

31 replies · 1.07k views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
49 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

splent [2088243] Admin Staff
Please read first: I'm awfully busy lately, and sadly I do not have time to work on this project.

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone is interested in creating a faction helper website with me (code would be publicly available on GIT for those who would rather host their own app) and of course, it would be possible to just login on our server / app with an API key (would require faction api access).

I'm really comfortable developing things in PHP and Typescript, however, my front-end skills are fairly limited. But lets go through the idea of this app first.

Features list

- chain tracker - filter chains by size, date, respect or combination of those, every chain would have a link to a chain report page on Torn
- war supplies tracker - amount of meds, drugs, points and funds spent during the war (or for a small period before as well, say 3 days)
- armory tracker - based on the amount of items used (armory logs) and the amount of items in the faction armory, a minimum recommended supply would be shown (items colored red - orange - green), with additional option of showing all items (even the ones that the faction has never used)
- revives tracker - have a list of players who revived faction members (default sorted by revives count), and a list of faction members which revived other targets (can be sorted by targets, or faction revivers)
- stats / upgrades tracker - basically what already exists, but just all at once filterable by branches / names
- attacks tracker - would consist of a list of faction members, every member would then have his own stats table (useful for warring) in something like the following format

[image: i.imgur.com]

- oc tracker - list of oc results and a table similar to the table above (for each faction member)
[image: i.imgur.com]

note: on the screenshots above, clicking on certain crime or target would load history for it.

- funds tracker - a list of all players and their funds available (with total amounts given and donated) would be shown, same as the above, clicking on a user would display full history of that user's funds uses.
- armory player tracker - this would track how many items did certain player used / donated

Those are probably some of the more useful features that I could think of. The purpose of the application would be to help leadership to keep track of everything.

I don't think backend would be too hard to develop, since this is more or less just data analysis and composition, I am not even sure if we'd require a database, but most likely not.

Normally, I'd probably already be doing this, however I'm working full time and have a serious project on the side so my creative time is fairly limited. Still, I would be willing to invest time into something like this if there are others that would want to work together (fine with frontend and backend, design, general suggestions or anything).

Let me know what you think and if you think this would be useful tool for factions!
splent [2088243] Admin Staff
Hey thanks!

One person offered to help with backend, so maybe I really should get myself to learn frontend as well and do one section at the time. I didn't noticed until now that 17 people chose yes as an answer!
Adam [1622585]
I have done a faction logger program. It collects all the faction logs, attack logs, armory logs, funds, membership, donations.
It also checks member minimum requirements (donator status, property, networth) while also logging everyone's personal stats (to check for Xanax Intake, Overdoses or anything else needed).

The logger was one side. The other side is the log access program.
You can use dates to filter search results.
You can see a simple example of the first version I did :
https://i.imgur.com/WkwyCTc.jpg

The script runs remotely and never needs to be looked at. I set the interval to update the logs @ 30 seconds per api.

I have several other scripts for other factions (friends) who have their data logged and access what they need remotely as well.

Version 2 that I just updated for both the logger and the log analyzer has alot more features and is more efficient (the first version I uploaded shows only the functions we use on a regular basis).

There are also other features worth noting such as a live chain tracker (such as those offered by many sites) that shows real time data of attacks, count, member and respect while also doing reports and storing each report with its date once it's done. We also have a decent respect logger which gives each member a list of their best respect giving targets based on their individual logs / modifier to help them with their chain target list.

We had also integrated a stalker mode that keeps track of every member and when they leave/travel to track their travel time accurately if need be (this was also integrated into a discord bot that can use IDs to track a designated member and update all their info/status : when they are mugged, last action, when they depart, when they head back, when their life changes etc.)

There is also an armory usage script integrated with the chains. It sees how many Xanax a member uses to stack and fills in the chain data to see how many Xanax a user used from the armory vs how many attacks they had (take overdoses from logged personalstats into account) to see if anyone had an abnormal attack number (for example if someone takes 5 xanax but only does 5 hits I.e. they didnt use their Xanax for stacking).

The only thing I would need to make ur idea the way u want is to have the web end of accessing the information/sorted on a page.

In a way, I have unlimited server power (relatively). I can have as many storage/processing power as we would need with no issue what so ever.
Although I run everything (from logger, to analyzer, to discord bots, to company bots, to loot bots and friends scripts) on a raspberry pi, I have a free unlimited service with Microsoft Azure through work.

The only thing we would need to do is do the web side/coding which I have not really worked alot in.

It could be like tornstats but for everything (all faction logs and all member personal stats etc.).

Its really simple to do as most of the work is already done.
SVD_NL [2363978]
Damn, that's awesome.
And I thought I'd be helping out by offering to write the API calls xD

If this could be made into a website it would be extremely valuable to factions, and it would decrease the workload of quartermasters a lot.
Adam [1622585]
Everything I had written took minutes. The only reason I never wrote/did the website idea myself is because I have never really worked with web development :/.
I told myself I would learn and that this would be my project in February ... that's so far away though :}
splent [2088243] Admin Staff
Shit dude, that's neat. I'm adept with backend logic and all that but frontend isn't really my thing, however, project I'm working on uses Angular for frontend development, and I already did some of the angular tutorial (very basics really), however this seems like a perfect thing (along with my project) to get familiar with Angular on.

From what I understood, we'd only have to make api calls from frontend to your server then.

@SVD_NL no worries dude, I am really glad you sent a message and let me know of the things you can help with!
Adam [1622585]
Yeah, basically when a user makes an "account", they would just use their api key, and the rest is done locally (both the log storage, or the log analysis).
The api calls are already done on my end regularly for me or any friends that use my program for their faction (generally once every 10 seconds to 30 seconds atleast). All faction logs are done through a single multiple selection api call.
The only thing that takes more api calls is logging personal stats for users (optional) if they are to be analyzed on a regular basis.

So the users only provides their api for their account which does the api calls on the machine which is already running anyways.
splent [2088243] Admin Staff
Hey,

This weekend I started working on the Angular tutorial. Might be a while before I do any finished product, but once I'm done with the tutorial I'll start with this, however, please do not get your hopes up, I'm fairly busy in real life - might be able to do something only during weekends, so the progress will be fairly limited, but I'll keep posting updates here.

Thanks!

Mauro
splent [2088243] Admin Staff
Well, it ain't pretty and it ain't got any data processing logic yet, but I've managed to create a login via api key that works both on frontend and backend, so that's first bit of progress!

[image: i.imgur.com]

And yes, I did reset my API key, but feel free to try it if you want.
Lived [2369158]
I would like to see the result of this project hopefully it can help factions in managing their members and pther stuff!!
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor
Isn't yata a tool that would work for you? (the faction end

Huh I stumbled upon this thread with an incomplete reply... weird. My question still applies.

git published, faction tool, missing a feature or 2, but mostly there.
splent [2088243] Admin Staff
Thanks for letting me know, however I either wanted to do collab with someone or do everything myself because then I do have something more for my CV as well, and well, taking someone else's app can't really do that.

Still thanks for letting me know!
Xradiation [2254540]
Be aware that some jobs (and universities) ask for refrences after they see your CV, so they can confirm you did it.
Could be usefull to let someone(like your boss or teacher) check it so they can confirm if asked.
possibly also get signed certificate.
splent [2088243] Admin Staff
Hello kind Sire,

Please pay no attention to this terrific design...(I will sort design last), but the logic of the first feature is mostly completed and displayed.

Except for the design issues, I still need to add - filter options, sorting, dropdowns for each member/crime (just clicking on the number will display the data) and respective links to Torn for this page. That shall be our first feature!
[image: i.imgur.com]

As far as the design is concerned, I will lookup some free material design templates (I just liked these colors so I put them behind), and sort that out in the end. I do have some ideas in mind, but just need to get proper colors and place/display things correctly.

Anyhow, as I said, this will take some time to complete, but I'm happy as well when there is some progress!