Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Any knitters?

Started by Harvey_Nobum [2215608] on in Hobbies & Interests.

41 replies · 246 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Kayukillulotz [2420188]
I really hope you keep it up. It's so gratifying when you complete a project. That moment when you sit back and take a look at what you have created with just a ball of yarn and a hook. IDK....I don't have a meme for this. Someone help me out and throw in a meme that says you feel all warm and squishy inside.
Hawk [2080065]
Maybe men don’t take as much joy in making wearables. Seems like we find the most joy in things that are part of a “great mission”. ...a grand career, building a house to live in, saving the world...

or playing video games our parents’ basement.
Kayukillulotz [2420188]
I bet you I can build a house out of yarn. Oh wait, I've already done that. Next project please. :D


P.S. I work with wood as well. I make patio furniture, bookshelves and whatever else I can think of. In fact I just finished a coffee table for my living room. Does that make me a man? My husband seems to think so.
Hawk [2080065]
You're so far out in left field, you might as well be selling hot dogs.

Let's now point out all the exceptions and act like the first 9 posts (and first 12 of 14) were not female, because if there are exceptions, hey nothing is true.
Kayukillulotz [2420188]
Oh whatever, So you're basically saying females can't do the same things that men can do. BITE ME! There are MILLIONS of women in this world that can do all the same things men can do and better. And yes that goes for standing up to pee. Take your male chauvinistic attitude somewhere else. This is not the place.
Hawk [2080065]
Hey crazy lady-
No one in this entire thread has said ANYTHING about females NOT being able to do anything.

It's pretty clear who is dripping with prejudice here.

Hate much?
Pixie- [2342246] Reporter
It might be true that men find great joy to build a house...
and if you use that analogy it might be true that females find great joy in making a house a home...

But this is 2020...

Anything goes... do what makes you happy... =P
Pixie- [2342246] Reporter
Thank you =D

I can unfortunately not take credit for the colours as this was a charity project.
I completed the baby blanket and it is the top one of in the first pictures I shared.
The colours are more true in the photo with the blocks than the actual photo of the blanket. =D
Hawk [2080065]
I agree. I know we're making generalizations. If everyone built houses, who would make it a home? If everyone wanted to make it a home, who would build it? It's okay to be different.
Nijo [2459339]
Started a new knitting project yesterday. Learning how to knit socks for a doll. So far, I keep dropping stitches and have to restart.