Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cooldowns Question

Started by ChrispyChris [2269047] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 536 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
ChrispyChris [2269047]
I'm new and finally hit fifteen. I've been thinking about happy jumping eventually, but I've never done any drugs or EDVDs, or anything yet. I have read about cooldowns but only seen them mentioned. I was curious if someone could help explain those to me.

Also while I'm here, maybe someone could explain drug addiction and rehab? I'd appreciate it!
LordofFire [2411517]
Most items give a cooldown meaning you can't take a similar item untill cooldown is over. IE Xanax cooldown 5-8hours. You have to wait for cooldown to be over before you can take any other drug.

When you take a lot of drugs you Will see a little Brain Icon appear with a percentage. It Will lower job effectivenes, battlestats and between 6-9% kick you out of education. You need to go to switserland to pay for rehab to get addiction off.
Insi [2034939]
This is misleading, for Drugs you have to wait for the cooldown to return to 0, but for boosters and medical items you can use them as much as you want until you reach 24 hour (base) cooldown, after which point you need to wait for the cooldown to return to 23:59 before you can use another one. (This means if you have 25 hours of booster cooldown, then you need to wait 1 hour before you can use another booster)

Different Meds / boosters 'cost' a different amount of cooldown, i.e Beer costs 1 hour of cooldown, so you could use 25 of them at once per day, FHC costs 6 hours of cooldown so you could use 5 of them at once per day.

(The reason you can use 25, and 5 rather than 24 and 4 is because when you use 4 FHC's, or 24 Beer, you gain 24:00 CD, then wait one second which brings you back below the threshold to 23:59 and can take another)

Cooldown is typically listed on Meds / boosters but not for drugs.

You can increase thecooldown you have through faction perks