Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Have SYS hide passive modifiers

Started by ttyper [74099] on in Suggestions.

59 replies · 683 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 60 / 60 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Butters [34298]
Personally I think the SYS benefit is powerful enough already in the situational aspect of the game it is currently designed to support.

p.s. Just to be clear I would like the perk and would find it useful, but I still think it would be a bit OP personally.
Jas [522441]
Really like this idea, its in line with the theme of SYS. In addition I never thought we should be able to see people's passive modifiers from the start because that's sort of personal information and gives away so much information on whether a person is on vicodin/war passives among so many other things. Having SYS hide this seems like a great idea.

I see Butters' comment on this making SYS a bit OP. I have to say SYS does provide an array of benefits however, something like seeing stat modifiers in my opinion shouldn't even be possible and I know some people complained about this when they first became visible.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
The point of the visible stat modifiers is to make the effects more intuitive, if we start hiding certain ones for some people and not others, we lose that.

The original reason for the inclusion of this was due to people being entirely baffled by the results they saw in attacking, submitting bug reports and losing faith in the attacking system itself, believing it was broken ... and rightfully so in my opinion as there was previously no way to be aware of what modifiers were currently active. Continuously losing without being given any hint as to why, or what you can do to resolve it, is widely known as very bad gameplay design.

So I believe this system only works if it's always enabled, so no special perks can interfere with it.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how a software firewall company would hide this, I can't figure out the logic there.

Thanks.
Dekloren [900534]
"so in my opinion as there was previously no way to be aware of what modifiers were currently active"

That's what makes the game fun.