Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Help.

Started by UraharaKisuke [2469172] on in Questions & Answers.

32 replies · 386 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Toph [2184889] ×1 UraharaKisuke [2469172] ×1

UraharaKisuke [2469172]
I won One Russian Roulette game by taking action because he isn't in game for 3mins.
He said he was in jail at that time trying high nerve crimes because he don't wanna get mugged by other players. He isn't in Casino for more than 3mins so I took action and won. He said to give his money back. Said that I robbed him by doing that. Help please. What should I do
revstevew [2175299]
So he started a game of RR, then committed a crime and got put in jail and then you accepted the game and he timed out for lack of activity? If thats the case I would say it's their problem they committed crimes whilst the game was waiting.

If it is someone who could make your life a misery ie a lot higher stats it is probably more diplomatic to give the cash back, or offer a percentage of it, but realistically you won fair and square.

Forgot to say, how much was it for? Just out of interest
Kelsie [340367]
I mean it could go either way. Was it a lot of money? I tend to lean to the side of, sorry but no go. Unless, you send back and play another match. Otherwise, you won it fair and square. I’ve lost matches because I forgot about the match/timer. Such is life.
Pete1994 [965235]
Not your fault he was stupid enough to jail himself when he could self hosp, or just fail a bust like anyone else would do.

You got that money fair and square and did nothing wrong. DO NOT give it back.
Kelsie [340367]
At the end of the day, you’re not required to pay him back for something that was his fault. Keep it and keep playing. Let it be a lesson to him the consequences of not watching the timer/doing non-safe crimes at the same time.
Kelsie [340367]
Ehhh. More than I had thought but it still stands. The only only ONLY way I’d return it is if we were rematching. But do not feel obligated to return it because of his mistake.
UraharaKisuke [2469172]
Autracity: you didnt write it properly
GwaySi: I'll post the whole conversation then
GwaySi: Thanks
Autracity: i thought if i went in jail it would protect me from muggers
Autracity: but it didnt
Autracity: and i couldnt get a bust
Autracity: post that
Last message: 18:06:23 - 14/02/20 TCT
He said this.
Kelsie [340367]
Is he referring to, preventing himself from getting mugged from the RR match? If so, that doesn’t happen that often... and you can’t get mugged from a match if you don’t even finish the match... He should have opened a separate tab to his vault/faction or what have you had he won.
UraharaKisuke [2469172]
Autracity has placed 10 bounties on you with rewards of $500,000 and the reason: Scammer 18:10:16 14/02/20
Autracity mugged you and stole $8,899 [view].
I'm done talking with him.
Turbo [957498]
Keep it. It's not often a free 150m falls into your lap. You played the game how it is meant to be played. He messed up. Simple as that.
Triplicant [2037705]
Yeah, I wouldn't give it back at this point. Let him waste his (already depleted) cash on you, you come out ahead here all around it seems.
Raptorr [2237649]
The fact that someone expects you to return the money given to you based on game-mechanics is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. He is just trying to bully you.
CRLF [2095076]
Are you sure about the amount you won?

[image: gyazo.com]

Bottom line, he is a slightly older player than you who doesn't play much. He will probably bounty you for a few days and then wander off if you don't talk to him.

He screwed up and he's blaming you, which is stupid as he might very well have lost the RR game anyway.

He's already bountied you, so there's nothing to be gained now by returning the money. Otherwise, I'd say you had a choice:

1) Return the money even though it is legitimately yours and avoid making an enemy

2) Keep the money and wait him out. It's not like he's a highly active player.

Those decisions always need to be made in context of the other player's profile. If the other person is old, high level, rich and highly active, it's usually best to give in even if you're in the right.

But usually a player who's being unreasonable is one who is either very new, hardly ever plays, or has a gambling addiction. It's usually safe to ignore them, take a few bounties and move on.