66 replies · 1.35k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:67 / 67 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
67
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
BaronVonDude[2169790]
· 36 likes · "Give me back my money cause im stupid" - Isnt a good reason to give him back his money Ignore it. He will go away, and maybe even be less stupid in the future
Rum4nyby[1567187]
· 16 likes · Nah, the auto-win is fine. 3 minutes is more than enough time for someone to take a shot. And you still gotta click Take Action for it to give you the win. Rewards your activity and screws your opponents inactivity. …
Proxima[1879587]Wiki Editor
· 13 likes · You did nothing wrong, but the auto-win condition after a "timeout" is the stupidest thing and should be removed. It's also insane RMT bait.
Autracity [2184889] So he made a Russian Roulette game with pot 280~290M. And I joined the match and he didn't click the trigger in 3mins so I took action and won the game. After that he come and talk to me to give his money back because he did high crimes nerve because he don't want to get mugged. And said I robbed him 150M by doing that. I asked Princess Julie about that and said I can keep the money. So I keep it and that dude Mugged me and Put 10Bounty on me With Reason-Scammer. hereis chat log:
Autracity: you didnt write it properly GwaySi: I'll post the whole conversation then GwaySi: Thanks Autracity: i thought if i went in jail it would protect me from muggers Autracity: but it didnt Autracity: and i couldnt get a bust Autracity: post that GwaySi: But u did make High nerve crimes to protect from mugger GwaySi: Right? Autracity: i thought Autracity: in jail you can still play at the casino Autracity: but you cant GwaySi: End of discussion GwaySi: And will post this on General Discussion Autracity: your torn life will be hell GwaySi: Added to BlackList Autracity: :) Last message: 18:12:25 - 14/02/20 TCT
Nah, the auto-win is fine. 3 minutes is more than enough time for someone to take a shot. And you still gotta click Take Action for it to give you the win. Rewards your activity and screws your opponents inactivity.
I've timed out a few times and it was fully deserved because I just forgot I was in an RR lobby and tabbed out. If my opponent couldn't auto win after the time out, they'd just be stuck there with nothing they can do.
I mean, 3 minutes is quite a while. You also gotta consider the other person sitting in the lobby.
Auto run through 1 shot each also doesn't make sense when there's the ability to double and triple shot. Maybe if you could choose which shot to do on the auto run, but even then I really think it's fine how it is. Though I do get the RMT point.
You having to wait 3 minutes means you're entitled to the entire pot, even when the 3 minutes might not be your opponents fault? Give me a break.
Double and Triple shots are special abilities, and reduce your chances of winning anyway. Auto-running 1 shot each is objectively a fair way to settle it.
you only have yourself to blame if you dont pay attention when you enter a rr game, ive myself have done this and lost money, and i won money to by people going afk.
you arent a scammer. this is thier own fault.
you wanted to play RR and the guy made you sit and wait for 3 min, you deserve the money.
thou i agree with proxima couse of lag and stuff wich can affect, the timer should be set to maybe 5 min.
i also know of people that manage to get thier money back couse of server goin down. not sure about lag thou.
R U implying that even if he was a scammer(Which can be reasonably argued he is but blame the system)scamming isn't against game rules for a reason it isn't morally and/or ethically wrong in here or I/R/L it's a profession and legitimate way of getting by and deserving of being admired by others for being intellectually superior to such n00bz that fall victim.
What are you talking about? Currently if you let the match time out on the last bullet, you lose. Under my system, if you let the match time out on the last bullet...you lose.
Anyway, a hilarious number of people that believe they're entitled to guarantee winning a game of chance based on 3 minutes of their life.
This wasn't a time-out though, the guy put himself in a position where he couldn't rejoin.
Also, if it auto-ran what would be the point of playing? You could let it auto-run to piss people off. I think the auto-win is a good incentive to keep people from dragging it out and forgetting about it.
I personally disagree with this idea cause then I could join a RR game log off and go to do something. Which would be me making or losing money while I am away. It would basically be a in-game script almost is the way I would be seeing it.
You also have to think about if you are the person that waiting for the person to take the shot then you could be waiting a while for that turn then you will have to go back to take yours just to speed it up the process so you can get back to getting another game.
I think this would be bad idea but no disrespect to you proxima