Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Upkeep property idea(merit/honor bar(s)

Started by Flatearthzomb [2378821] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 45 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Flatearthzomb [2378821]
So I was thinking about what if there was an option to pay so much of your property upkeep in advance....

options
1. Add a bonus % to happiness for duration (incremental)
2.add honor bar merit (piece of mind) yes piece not peace maybe 2 or three for incremental payments...paid ahead . One week, one month, one year. Etc.
3. Increases resell value of property to real estate
4. If you sell you get your “deposit” back

maybe there are other aspects of play that could be applied “real estate agent” “slumlord”

just an idea always like to see others input and ideas.
Cthulhu [1616063]
I do like the idea of being able to pay upkeep in advance, almost like being in credit with your power company - getting ready for winter.

I like the idea of there being some form of benefit for paying in advance, but the options stated might be a little bit over powered.

IMO, a reduction in upkeep costs would be nice. Happiness bonus might work (like your option #1) and I'd say it'd be just that there is an additional bit of happiness during the time that your upkeep is in credit. Not incremental as that will become REALLY overpowered, very quickly.

Good idea!
Flatearthzomb [2378821]
Yeah I guess by incremental I meant more like option to pay week,month,year as options.


The perk or bonus is Where my mind goes so many different ways.
i kinda just put a concept idea out there to get the ball rolling.
Every positive should have a balanced negative.


Merit could be property based, total paid in advanced,


As for stat boosters if you pay so much in advance you can pick between one of lets say 3 balanced choices you only get one. Changing property does not stack or allow getting more than one...
I already feel like there are way more in-depth players who could help come up with fine details
Woodworm [2486158]
I like the idea, how about implementing some kind of "credit score" that slowly improves if you keep paying upkeep and salary in advance and rapidly drops if you have bills piling up.

Similar to the company star rating with minor perks like 3 stars you get a 5% reduction in upkeep, 5 star you can hire an additional maid, 7 star you get 10% more happiness from having staff in your property and 10 stars for the honour bar "pay to win"