Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bogie Responds To JFK - Deletes XIII

Started by Dekloren [900534] on in General Discussion.

376 replies · 10.6k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 377 / 377 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

WildLands [2127006]
So that's.. thats it.?
All those hours.
Days
Weeks..
Years....
Just gone.
He has nothing to show now. Even the R.L money he threw in. Meaningless.

Just mindboggling man.
Almost 12 damn years on torn.

Not a newbie.
He knew the consequences.
He took the risk.
He got sloppy somewhere.

He got caught.
Bullzeye [922212]
well done bogie in getting the cheats out, but didnt nath basically do the same thing. Why is it 1 punishment for 1 person, and different for another?
FidelCashflow [1993550]
It's pretty alarming how many of them were in his company and how long he's been doing it for. If not by the fine detective work by Dek he'd still be fine. Hell, if he just had them in a different company they probably wouldn't have been spotted. It's pretty ridiculous that someone can cheat at that level for that long in such a blatantly stupid way and not get caught.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
JFK: *complains punishments for cheaters isn’t strong enough*


JFK member: *is fedded under new guidelines after being caught cheating*


JFK: “no not like that!”
Andyman [471591]
Bogie!

It's my understanding there's a "multi-hunter" that works in the background... and I have no idea what kind of ad hoc / customized reporting tools you have available and how well mapped the tables are in the Torn database; however... if you had the ability to produce a .csv file listing the following information, it would only take me a few minutes to pivot the data to make it very easy to audit:

Job | Player Name | Torn ID | Last Login Time | IP Address | Subscriber (yes or no) | number of logins in past 7 days

This is very close to what I do for a living in real life... just on a much larger scale and with insurance policies instead of Torn accounts.

Let me know if I can help.

- Andyman
Bullzeye [922212]
no im pointing out that the nath situation was not that long ago and its basically the same scenario, and again your adding thing that wasnt never said, I never complained about XIII being fedded and I never complained about punishments for cheaters not being strong enough

EDIT: the only thing I have criticized is multi hunter not doing its intended job
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Because I wasn't CM then. I re-adjusted the rules in November to ensure that cheaters of certain magnitudes are dealt with in a more appropriate manner to fit the nature of the crime, those who have broken the rules to such a blatant extent end up with longer sentences or outright deletion.

Whilst outright deletion was always an option for severe cases (See also a similarly named individual MCMLXXXI [96331]) this now allows for a more consistent approach and brackets that myself and officers can go by rather than just issuing a 7 day "slap on the wrist" in a sense, without unfairly punishing newbies who make multis out of ignorance of the rules - which is by far the vast vast majority of multiple account cases.

I won't be retroactively applying these punishments as it's just not realistic to do so, I understand not everyone will find that fair, but in my opinion it is fairer to adjust rules and punishments going forward, as not only could this apply to cases where punishments get harsher, it would also be the same if a punishment was reduced in severity.

Mentions: MCMLXXXI [96331]

Bezee [1685702]
It seems no one has informed JFK that Clancy and Hydro, who allowed them to get away with everything, no longer run the game.
CRLF [2095076]
We also had a significant fed on a DA member and an IBB member in the past two weeks (see the fedded list thread).

Overall, staff is now better equipped to catch and prove more sophisticated cheats
HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official
I get why low level's cheat, it's stupid and not worth it and should never be done, but still I get it.

But you are a top player, level 100 with all kinds of power. Why the F would you cheat?!