How do you know when you're ready to move on to the next crime? I seem to be right in between GTA 1 and 2.
Crime
Started by BarbieBanks [1716789] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
Just do warehouse arsons to build your nerve bar. Doing most other crimes will just wreck your NNB.
Are you chasing merits? Or growing NNB?
If it's the first, you can start by stealing jackets until 10k and move to drug crimes, and so on. Alternately you can skip drug crimes altogether and do stealth virus, assassinate mob boss, and arson warehouse.
If it's the later, just do arson warehouse. Lots of them.
Another tip, you can join a fac that focused on crimes and work on a pub for free nerve refill.
If it's the first, you can start by stealing jackets until 10k and move to drug crimes, and so on. Alternately you can skip drug crimes altogether and do stealth virus, assassinate mob boss, and arson warehouse.
If it's the later, just do arson warehouse. Lots of them.
Another tip, you can join a fac that focused on crimes and work on a pub for free nerve refill.
. Double post
How much though? My NB is 37.
Your nnb always goes up in 5's. So yours is 35 or 30. You probably got some perks
I've had 25 nnb for a week or so, have 21% crime success between faction perks and merits, but failed stealth virus 8 times in a row. The guide I read says it has a high rate of failure but extremely high CE on success, but I'm wondering what failure rate is acceptable or if the guide saying 25 nnb for stealth virus is wrong
Does fac perk include extra nerve or you invested some merits there? Do you have enhancher for doing the crime?
Criminality branch gives extra CE. While merits "improves" crime success rate.
Failing 8 times in a row means you're wasting 72 nerves. I'd say go back to stealing jackets or thorough robberies for another week.
Technically, 25 NNB is okay for doing stealth virus. It's a no-jail fail, so you won't risk losing NNB. But well, use your own judgement. When I failed GTA1 3-5 times in a row, which is about average, I switched to arson warehouse and stealth virus for a day or two before going full on GTA again.
Criminality branch gives extra CE. While merits "improves" crime success rate.
Failing 8 times in a row means you're wasting 72 nerves. I'd say go back to stealing jackets or thorough robberies for another week.
Technically, 25 NNB is okay for doing stealth virus. It's a no-jail fail, so you won't risk losing NNB. But well, use your own judgement. When I failed GTA1 3-5 times in a row, which is about average, I switched to arson warehouse and stealth virus for a day or two before going full on GTA again.
Oh, right. I misread my faction perks. I get 15% Crime Experience, so only 6% success rate from merits, not 21. And 13 extra nerve from faction perk. But thanks, I'll do as you suggest and go back to thorough robbery for a week and try again. I was just wondering if say.. I am successful with thorough robbery 8-9 out of 10 times and only 2/10 for stealth virus if it's worth it.
The guide I read said you fail a lot with stealth virus but it's worth it because the CE is massively more than robberies, it just doesn't say by how much so I was hoping someone had info that was a bit more specific.
The guide I read said you fail a lot with stealth virus but it's worth it because the CE is massively more than robberies, it just doesn't say by how much so I was hoping someone had info that was a bit more specific.
Per my understanding, the safe crimes that give most raw CE are as follow...
Kidnap mayor (have 75k ready) > arson warehouse > stealth virus > assassinate mob boss/GTA 1> thorough robbery/steal jacket.
Testing and recording crimes is a matter of grinding. Say in 1k attempts how many success you make and so on. And even so, it's still a small sample. I'd say use personal judgement and preference. Which merit you're chasing etc.
Kidnap mayor (have 75k ready) > arson warehouse > stealth virus > assassinate mob boss/GTA 1> thorough robbery/steal jacket.
Testing and recording crimes is a matter of grinding. Say in 1k attempts how many success you make and so on. And even so, it's still a small sample. I'd say use personal judgement and preference. Which merit you're chasing etc.
Here is a link for crime guide
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16120850&b=0&a=0
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16120850&b=0&a=0