Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graphene

Started by Sannemander [2088627] on in Technology.

3 replies · 31 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
8 / 100
Story score
20 / 100
Engagement score
34 / 100
Mattchew [361253]
All for improved energy density in batteries but the for a while (a year and a bit ago, maybe) there was news about how improved batteries every other week. So, I've grown a tad cynical. There's chemistries out there f'sure but scaling any of these for mass-production, as far as I know, has been a challenge. I'd love to know why but we rarely get that detail (or maybe it's just me never finding it).
Sannemander [2088627]
I see and understand where you are coming from, this is a new Technic, and discovered quit recently.

This one has a lot of potential though, the founders got a noble price for discovering it. It's even a fairly simple discovery (it is discovered with some tape and graphite)

That it will lead to a revolution in battery life as well as in load speeds for for instance mobile devices is evident, how it will fold out industrially is still to see, but it has potential, not only for batteries.