Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat boxes not Stacking

Started by Dexy [968047] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 95 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

Dexy [968047]
I use PC view when using my mobile as I can't deal with the mobile version at all.
Something seems to have changed lately but with all your lag issues etc i didn't want to make another complaint xP and thought it would rectify itself but it hasn't.

Usually the chat boxes sort of stack on themselves if there are a few, like this ..

[image: i.imgur.com]

but mine look like this ... spread as far across the page and off the edge, and i have to zoom out so far that i can barely make the the chat on the end touchable to open.

[image: i.imgur.com]

Please help xP
Stewie [1494547]
Perhaps I am not understanding the issue correctly, but in your second screenshot, it is showing chats in desktop view — is that not what you'd expect? The first screenshot is showing chats as you'd see them on mobile.

Regarding the first screenshot, the page isn't fully loaded it appears, which I expect is why chats are showing like that.
Dexy [968047]
Well i have always used desktop view on mobile and they have always stacked, i took that screenshot when it wasn’t fully loaded because it shows what i mean by ‘stacked’ because I am ineloquent and so no it’s not what i expect when something has changed, it’s not as it was for years before.
Stewie [1494547]
I'm not really sure what to suggest to be honest, as chats in desktop view on mobile have always displayed as they are for you right now.. I've never seen anyone experience such issue before in the past either.

Then again, I am on Android..
Stewie [1494547]
I suppose I can ask Dima on this (I.e. if any changes have been made), but having them display as in the first screen defeats the purpose of using desktop view if the chats are displayed in mobile view.
Dexy [968047]
They were only displayed on desktop view like that when using mobile on desktop view. How is that defeating the object? It was very sensible.


Thanks for your help, it’s driving me crazy.
someotheradmin [1748048] Tester
>Well i have always used desktop view on mobile and they have always stacked,
it was a bug which is fixed. Your browser shows the available width for the chat - the chat use it
Dexy [968047]
fixing the useful things is just not useful
the mobile version is not useable imho
this was the perfect fix