Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Useless items

Started by lollobomber18 [2493071] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 213 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

ILostMySocks [464502] ×1

lollobomber18 [2493071]
Hi, I''m a new player of torn.
Recently i've been hinking why traders buy useless items like cd player or christmas angel and why someone would buy these items?
Kelsie [340367]
People buy some weird stuff. Idk, when I was doing my dump merit, I went and bought useless items to get rid of it. Maybe people do that too?


Or... maybe they think Ched will add an use to it later on ;)
gnorf [2411019]
Some people also like to collect things. Here's an example:

ILostMySocks bought 18 x Festive Socks from your bazaar for $3,960,000.

That made me laugh when I saw it ;d

Another reason is some people just want stuff to tie their money up with to build net worth in order to get some merits.

It's funny though, I asked this exact question when I first started. For a second I thought my old thread got necrod

Mentions: ILostMySocks [464502]

CRLF [2095076]
There are different types of "useless" items. Some were given out at special events or, even more rare, as gifts to staff members. These items have value because they are rare and unusual.

Some items once had a purpose and no longer do. For example the ivory walking cane (still usable as a weapon) , the firewalk virus (totally useless today) and the laptop computer (usable but no longer necessary) all once had a greater purpose than they have today.

Then there are items that are rumored to have a larger purpose in the future. For example, Crimes 2.0 will require some objects. possibly new objects or possibly current objects.

Then there are the many items sold abroad that are not worth what you pay for them. It's always best to check the market price for items in the Item Market before deciding to buy abroad.

For new players who cannot fly yet, safe items to resell are sheep, kitten and teddy plushies, pepper spray and beer. These can be bought in Torn shops ( limit 100 total items per day) and resold on the Item Bazaar for a profit. These items mentioned will always give you a profit.