Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Level Holding Stats Query

Started by Nekomeow [2255452] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 634 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
46
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Nekomeow [2255452]
Dear all although i was told that level holding is at my own discretion however im still curious if there are any idea stats to be before i move on and level up.

Im @ 372 yo lvl15 now my stats is at around 700k. my aim is to hold at lv15 -> lv25 -> lv50 ->lv75-lv100 are there any cap at those level?

i browse through some pages on the guide forum however didnt manage to find anything that really answer my question.

so i will like to seek advise from seniors from your experience at what stats do you level up?

many thanks in advance!
Traxler [2093418]
Holding your level makes you weaker, not stronger. Just make sure 95%+ of your energy goes to the gym, and level up freely.
Kelsie [340367]
I always make sure my battle stats rank is a lower (or better) number versus my level rank.

There is no set number. Some people aim to level gold their entire game career. Josephine is a level 20, and like 4b now.


I’m under 2b somewhere at level 75. I don’t feel my stats are high enough to justify leveling up and potentially becoming more of a target. Though, leveling for the life/merits is always nice....

I believe I held at 60-65? Until I was at least 1b. I was at level 50 at 500mish, and leveled to 60 around 800m. Really the numbers will vary amongst different people.


Good luck! :)

**I get a lot of XP for leveling because of how much I chain and who I chain on. So that’s why I can level up really high even with small stats.
Ac3to [2196357]
The thing about holding your level is, the way I see it, there's only really a point in doing so if you un-hold when you can level up straight to 100.

If you level hold and then one day you decide to level up all the way to, say, lvl 50, you'd be at the same place (level vs stats-wise) as you'd have been if you leveled continuously. Your stats are high for your level while you're holding, but you have to continue to hold.

So if you say "I want to get my stats to X, and then I'll level up", to me it's pointless.

This is how I see it (crude graphs below). If you level hold (blue line) and then decide to level up (pre-lvl 100), you'd be at the same level as you would be with the same stats (red line) if you just kept levelling as it was available to you (green line).

However if you level hold until your true level is 100, and get your stats up to where a 'good' lvl 100's would be, once you level up to 100 and you keep training at a decent rate, your stats will always be 'good' for you level.

This is why I don't bother level holding... but there are other ways to look at it.

[image: i.imgur.com]
STR8 [61009]
There is no fast and hard rule for stats per level, you will find some low levels with very large stats and some high levels with comparatively low stats. Depending on your play style you may find it beneficial to level quickly, I would suggest to hold and build stats up though. Kelsie outlines a decent stat range to consider.
Roxy [2308983]
Level holding under level 50 imo is dumb.
If they wanna beat you they will regardless of your level and those wHo mught benefit in using you as a leveling target wont be able to identify you as a leveling target either way.
By holding at 15 you miss out on life which is so precious its considered your 5th stat.

If you train regularily and only level up via chains and missions, you should not have an issue with leveling up at a regular rate.
My personal rule is not to level up more than 3 times per chain and then i level up like the next week after a solid train session.

Once at 50 you can set youself a stat goal lets say level up at stat cap for each stat, or 100mil per stat and then do the milestones of 69 :^) 75 and 100. With similar methods of stat goals to reach before you level up.
XxKaileexX [1887242]
I want to get my stats above 100K before I level up further!

...But in seriousness, I believe that many level holders not only do it to avoid being a target but also do it to make themselves look like a target.

#AK-47. Very few will get the in-joke but it's easy enough to figure out just by snooping around a little.

If you underestimate your opponent and they beat you on a defend, then... Well, you gave them a defend. I did it to a level 15 a couple of times.

Cheeky bastard.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
When people first started doing level holding, it made more sense. You didn't gain more life for each level, so it didn't really hurt you to sit at level 15.

But the rules changed. Since the change that adds more life points per level, level holding makes a lot less sense. You're making yourself weaker than you need to be. You will lose fights you could have won if you had more life. You will also miss out on some merit points along the way.
Riot [974353]
I gave up on the idea of level holding awhile back and now I actively encourage my members not to hold.


If you’re spending a ton of energy improving your stats (which you should be all the time) then even if you “over level” your stats will eventually catch up. You can’t level up for ever.


Life is far too important in winning fights.
Nekomeow [2255452]
yea thank all for your input! i think i will now not level hold and lvl up normally till im 50 and decide what i want to do in life haha.
Derivative [2209422]
Sorry to intrude on your thread. It's just I saw chaining was mentioned in an answer here and it got me thinking about level holding and chaining

My only question is;

Does your level affect your chain target multiplier?

So if I'm level 50 and attack someone. Will I get the same base respect if all other variables are the same except this time in 75, attacking the same target?
WalkingTarget [2077507]
The base respect is determined by the target's level, so there would be no difference to the respect you earn.

You would as a higher level yield a higher respect amount to someone hitting you, but the difference in the base respect from a higher level is minuscule compared to the fair fight modifier, so a lvl 50 with a full 3 x fair fight modifier would give more respect than a lvl 100 with a 2 x fair fight modifier.
Derivative [2209422]
Brilliant thankyou. I knew fair fight was the main attribute but wasn't sure if that was made up of other factors such as target level comparison