Okay so i've started trading and now i'm past age 14 i'm expecting a lot of buy mugs. Does anyone have a list of known buy muggers i can blacklist to cut a few out? Or have you got a name of a player that buy mugged you i can blacklist?
Question for Traders
Started by new1 [2507304] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 19
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 15
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
Most-liked replies
- DedeSiregar [2430598]
· 7 likes ·
Dude don't blacklist them. My blacklist are reserved for perverts, racist, and bounty abusers. Also in desperate hours, we traders do NEED buymuggers. To regain some cash and refresh the items in our bazaar and still make profit if you …
Point is to stay ahead of them. Make sure they can't mug you, money is money even if it's from a known buy mugger.
In my signature is a link to a guide I wrote about trading.
In my signature is a link to a guide I wrote about trading.
Can you post the link? I have sigs turned off, they seem to break my laptop.
And it would still be nice to have some names. For extra protection.
And it would still be nice to have some names. For extra protection.
my advice would be
1) don't put huge amounts of stuff up for sale, do it in small lots and bank / buy point etc before putting more up for sale.
2) don't go to sleep /away with large items up for sale, either shut the bazaar or just leave it empty
3) Just be sensible.
4) Train your stats.
1) don't put huge amounts of stuff up for sale, do it in small lots and bank / buy point etc before putting more up for sale.
2) don't go to sleep /away with large items up for sale, either shut the bazaar or just leave it empty
3) Just be sensible.
4) Train your stats.
This, I buy mug on occasion but only when the person has a lot of cash value in bazaar and is offline and done nothing to defend themselves.
At some point you need to look at where the blame really lies,
Also clothing stores are highly recommended for traders who are at risk of being mugged.
At some point you need to look at where the blame really lies,
Also clothing stores are highly recommended for traders who are at risk of being mugged.
you can never blacklist all the buymuggers, there will always be one, they can get their friend to buy from you then mug you etc, the best advice I can give you is to stay safe, self hosp when leaving bazaar open or trading, remember to turn revives off as well, that's the best you can do
can't blacklist them all. self hosp and revive off or fly if you are feeling lucky.
Dude don't blacklist them. My blacklist are reserved for perverts, racist, and bounty abusers.
Also in desperate hours, we traders do NEED buymuggers. To regain some cash and refresh the items in our bazaar and still make profit if you know what you are doing.
Join clothing company. I'm sorry but no point in getting free cans, dvd, or 1 mill a day if you lose 10 millions a day from the muggers. The bigger your bazaar is the more people will put you on their mugging target list. Can open bazaar one or two hours a day but that doesn't sound like you're serious about trading. Serious traders will always buy and always sell. N putting small chunk of items won't attract the sharks who will pay slightly over price items for big bulk of buying. So that strategy has itsown weakness. You will still need to get a job in clothing company. I used to lose 10-20 millions a week. My battle stat is very low and my bazaar is medium size. But after I work in clothing company, I lol at any attempt of mugging me. That is how over power clothing company perk for traders. I still put effort in self hosp to maximize my profit, but I am also human who can fall asleep or suddenly have RL problems. So yeah clothing company is my Torn life choice.
I wrote guide about fighting buy muggers. Many guides about preventing buy mugging. But in the end of the day you will still need to work in clothing company.
My boss is looking for an employee. You should ask him to get a job.
Also in desperate hours, we traders do NEED buymuggers. To regain some cash and refresh the items in our bazaar and still make profit if you know what you are doing.
Join clothing company. I'm sorry but no point in getting free cans, dvd, or 1 mill a day if you lose 10 millions a day from the muggers. The bigger your bazaar is the more people will put you on their mugging target list. Can open bazaar one or two hours a day but that doesn't sound like you're serious about trading. Serious traders will always buy and always sell. N putting small chunk of items won't attract the sharks who will pay slightly over price items for big bulk of buying. So that strategy has itsown weakness. You will still need to get a job in clothing company. I used to lose 10-20 millions a week. My battle stat is very low and my bazaar is medium size. But after I work in clothing company, I lol at any attempt of mugging me. That is how over power clothing company perk for traders. I still put effort in self hosp to maximize my profit, but I am also human who can fall asleep or suddenly have RL problems. So yeah clothing company is my Torn life choice.
I wrote guide about fighting buy muggers. Many guides about preventing buy mugging. But in the end of the day you will still need to work in clothing company.
My boss is looking for an employee. You should ask him to get a job.
This is example when we use buy mugger: Link
As for preventing buy mug PLENTY of guide about it. I wrote 3 about it including hiding money on the plane without losing much fresh cash.
As for preventing buy mug PLENTY of guide about it. I wrote 3 about it including hiding money on the plane without losing much fresh cash.
Mentions: Selling price at item market
yawn
Thanks for the advice the only good advice here. People who have no clue about trading and saying don't list much in bazaar is a joke. If you don't understand something don't post. I haven't traded or opened my bazaar since Tuesday night. I got to the top of the newspaper with 836 (I believe) in about 30 hours so my bazaar will be very busy. All I wanted is a few names to clear some of the more common ones. I don't need them in my bazaar its popular enough :/
Ooo a competitor to iribuya.
Better not buy mug this one so I can buy from it...
Better not buy mug this one so I can buy from it...
already blacklisted...
Looks like a challenge then...
Being honest there's people well worth a space on your list rather than myself.
I brought 150m in cans earlier and didn't mug anyone.
Being honest there's people well worth a space on your list rather than myself.
I brought 150m in cans earlier and didn't mug anyone.
Lol yo he no buy mugger. He good customer for cans. You won't last long in trading bizz if you get mad and block ppl easy
It's not feasible to blacklist every buy mugger, there are too many of them. And they can get around the blacklist pretty easy anyway.
Buy-muggers are not the only muggers. If you list a relatively expensive item, and it has the lowest price in the item market, then some will just watch your bazaar, and as soon as that item goes away, they assume it sold, which means you have cash in your pocket, and they mug. Don't assume that whoever bought the item was involved, because often, they are not. And some people just do random mugs.
You will get mugged. You can not be a serious trader without being mugged. The goal should be to limit your losses, and you should consider those losses as a cost of doing business. You can self-med while selling, or fly while selling. If you fly, then just before landing you can buy stocks so that if you are mugged right after you land, you aren't holding much cash. You can use ghost trades, even while in the hospital. There are lots of ways to protect yourself, and you should take advantage of those, but none are perfect so you will get mugged and lose money sometimes.
Keep in mind that if it were not for muggers, people would not need traders. People sell a little cheaper to traders to avoid the muggers, and that gives traders an opportunity to make some money.
Buy-muggers are not the only muggers. If you list a relatively expensive item, and it has the lowest price in the item market, then some will just watch your bazaar, and as soon as that item goes away, they assume it sold, which means you have cash in your pocket, and they mug. Don't assume that whoever bought the item was involved, because often, they are not. And some people just do random mugs.
You will get mugged. You can not be a serious trader without being mugged. The goal should be to limit your losses, and you should consider those losses as a cost of doing business. You can self-med while selling, or fly while selling. If you fly, then just before landing you can buy stocks so that if you are mugged right after you land, you aren't holding much cash. You can use ghost trades, even while in the hospital. There are lots of ways to protect yourself, and you should take advantage of those, but none are perfect so you will get mugged and lose money sometimes.
Keep in mind that if it were not for muggers, people would not need traders. People sell a little cheaper to traders to avoid the muggers, and that gives traders an opportunity to make some money.
trade guide
As most people say, blacklisting all buy muggers isn't possible. Another way to lose less money on mugging is joining a 7* clothing store for the 75% reduction on mugging.
As most people say, blacklisting all buy muggers isn't possible. Another way to lose less money on mugging is joining a 7* clothing store for the 75% reduction on mugging.
Mentions: Guide: starting with trading
I'd suggest just trading from the hospital for big trades.
blacklisting is not a great solution, there are too many out there, protecting yourself via self hosp is a better option