we still have way more disposable income than Americans, though.
UK shut down...
Started by Sweeney_Todd [27468] on in Politics & Law.
Posts archived: 78 / 78 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
can vouch i am 1/48 danish and 100% lavish
Strawberry or peach?
lol yea sure...
http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/income/
just another thing getting made up on the fly huh.
http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/income/
just another thing getting made up on the fly huh.
berry actually
Very relevant conversation to the topic. From the UK shutting down we ended up in a dick measuring contest between US and Denmark...
Got to love P&L, kind of everything ends up relating with the US somehow. Denmark not as much as it has a lot less flag holders around here, but still...
But hey, so neither of you feel like you lost i'm from Portugal, so worse off than both. Case closed, move on.
Got to love P&L, kind of everything ends up relating with the US somehow. Denmark not as much as it has a lot less flag holders around here, but still...
But hey, so neither of you feel like you lost i'm from Portugal, so worse off than both. Case closed, move on.
Portugal you poor thing .
I hope this helps
https://io9.gizmodo.com/recipes-for-the-post-apocalypse-how-and-why-to-eat-rat-5931901?IR=T
I hope this helps
Recipes for the Post-Apocalypse: How and why to eat rat meat
https://io9.gizmodo.com/recipes-for-the-post-apocalypse-how-and-why-to-eat-rat-5931901?IR=T
Looks interesting. And we might even be able to start Covid 21 with that maybe. Win, win.
VAT (sales tax) needs to be abolished. It isn't good for businesses, or consumers. It's bad for imports and exports. It can lead to cash flow problems, whereby businesses turn to credit lines, again pushing up costs/prices.
As far as distribution of wealth goes, poor people spend a higher percentage of their disposable income, therefore paying a higher percentage of VAT than somebody who spends less of their income (richer people).
I know why the Tories love our 20%VAT rate, but I don't know why the People's Utopia of Denmark have such a high rate.
As far as distribution of wealth goes, poor people spend a higher percentage of their disposable income, therefore paying a higher percentage of VAT than somebody who spends less of their income (richer people).
I know why the Tories love our 20%VAT rate, but I don't know why the People's Utopia of Denmark have such a high rate.
It would just mean getting those 20% (23% - 16% and 6% depending on the product here actually) elsewhere really.
Sometimes it can actually serve some purpose, for example in juices here, natural low sugar ones are on the 6% bracket while soft drinks / high sugar ones are on the 23% bracket, leading the consumers to the better option by having those at a better price.
Sometimes it can actually serve some purpose, for example in juices here, natural low sugar ones are on the 6% bracket while soft drinks / high sugar ones are on the 23% bracket, leading the consumers to the better option by having those at a better price.
Oh we have separate taxes for sugar. You're right with needing to find more money, but the idea is some of that comes from the extra profits and incomes now being made with an increased rate on spending. You could further drive spending by increasing taxes on savings and investments, making up the rest of the money.
Once this is all over, people across the world are going to have to start spending in order to jump start the economy. The economic implications of this virus worry me more than actually contracting the virus.
Once this is all over, people across the world are going to have to start spending in order to jump start the economy. The economic implications of this virus worry me more than actually contracting the virus.
(it assumes you don't pay a penny for healthcare)
Yeah, promoting overspreading kind of placed us in the gutter for years, so, not really sure if i can agree with your first paragraph.
As for the second, same, economically we are in for a shitshow after the dust settles. Depending on how long it lasts, probably the worse shitshow of our lifetime, so should be interesting times to come.
As for contracting the virus, i'm near 100% sure i will get it eventually, being that my wife is a doctor (even though primary care one) and people in general being stupid by nature...
There are a handful of her colleagues out in quarantine already because of idiots who simply lie about their covid like symptoms at the reception and go the primary care emergency instead of the hospital designated area (or even calling the line we have for it) because in the off chance they don't actually have it, they might get it there.
We are just keeping apart from everyone in a "risk" group really (and everyone else for that matter), that thankfully none of us 2 fit in.
As for the second, same, economically we are in for a shitshow after the dust settles. Depending on how long it lasts, probably the worse shitshow of our lifetime, so should be interesting times to come.
As for contracting the virus, i'm near 100% sure i will get it eventually, being that my wife is a doctor (even though primary care one) and people in general being stupid by nature...
There are a handful of her colleagues out in quarantine already because of idiots who simply lie about their covid like symptoms at the reception and go the primary care emergency instead of the hospital designated area (or even calling the line we have for it) because in the off chance they don't actually have it, they might get it there.
We are just keeping apart from everyone in a "risk" group really (and everyone else for that matter), that thankfully none of us 2 fit in.
Boris Johnson is tested positive, although I don't like the guy I wish him well, nobody deserves this.
Boris Johnson just got it lol. The idiot been bragging about "shaking hands with everybody" in a hospital visit, including some COVID-19 patients, and now he's tested positive.
Karma is real.
Karma is real.
Boris, 3rd March:
“I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know. I continue to shake hands."
Lol, that's not karma, I would call that plain stupidity.
I'm not one to defend Boris, but to be fair to him handshakes were still a thing on the 3rd March. Relatively speaking that was a long time ago.
The English FA didn't stop handshakes until the 6th March, and the first fatality was on the 5th.
For all of the criticism he's received, I actually think he's doing a decent job given the circumstances. To put it another way, who would you rather have in charge through all this, if not Boris? Your options are:
The English FA didn't stop handshakes until the 6th March, and the first fatality was on the 5th.
For all of the criticism he's received, I actually think he's doing a decent job given the circumstances. To put it another way, who would you rather have in charge through all this, if not Boris? Your options are:
- Theresa May
- Michael Gove
- Jeremy Hunt
- Jeremy Corbyn
- Jo Swinson (remember her?)
When he literally said: "I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody"?
There are two sides, I don't wish he gets bad, on the other hand he is utterly stupid shaking hands in a place where he thinks there are people infected with the coronavirus and I start to think about Darwin.
There are two sides, I don't wish he gets bad, on the other hand he is utterly stupid shaking hands in a place where he thinks there are people infected with the coronavirus and I start to think about Darwin.
Yeah, he said that. At a press conference. With two medical experts, one on each side, agreeing with him saying it's fine as long as you wash your hands in between. Then medical advice changed, and so did government advice.
When a politician you don't like ignores experts, they get blasted as science deniers. When they follow the advice of experts they get accused of not doing enough, and handing too much power to said experts, instead of taking charge.
When a politician you don't like ignores experts, they get blasted as science deniers. When they follow the advice of experts they get accused of not doing enough, and handing too much power to said experts, instead of taking charge.