Having to stalk mission targets is the annoying part, it's like we're all running through the same bunch at the same time.
Missions Suck
Started by Soup [1744568] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
There should be missions that let you cook food and serve some mushroom soup, or fresh broccoli, or anythin to help out patients & prisoners or somethin...
Still am tryin to run away from George...he still same from last year
Current Mission: Attack Test Dummy #3 with your melee weapon
Still am tryin to run away from George...he still same from last year
Current Mission: Attack Test Dummy #3 with your melee weapon
To me missions suck because they are all inactive targets. They could be encouraging pvp but instead its just mindless farming. Would be awesome if there was an "active mission" opt in that would put you in the pool of mission targets and then made your missions vs other active people and awarding
Special ammo to get less points than pay for special ammo? xD Also, the only ones I ever saw say ignoring everything but base stats is a good idea were top stat players who also complained when they weren't getting enough missions because their starts were too high and they were fighting over easy missions among eachother.
Didn't Ched actually change the matching for them to make it easier? Lol. Soo they had their say that is purely stat check with no other parameters considered then had it made easier for them and harder for others. Very nice. Oh of course they also didn't want active targets as then they'd have to beat on eachother god forbid.
Consider more than stat check, open up on actives, stop babying top players. It could be way better. Not even considering there's still only one mission npc.
Didn't Ched actually change the matching for them to make it easier? Lol. Soo they had their say that is purely stat check with no other parameters considered then had it made easier for them and harder for others. Very nice. Oh of course they also didn't want active targets as then they'd have to beat on eachother god forbid.
Consider more than stat check, open up on actives, stop babying top players. It could be way better. Not even considering there's still only one mission npc.
Agree with the OP. Missions are absurd. I recently had one where I needed to hit 14 different body parts with Duke's bat. I took 9 different attacks on a variety of player, including a couple of solid defense whores, to get it done. That's 225 E to get a few mission points. Ridiculous.
add insult to injury
[image: i.gyazo.com]
[image: i.gyazo.com]
The one where you have to go to South Africa to beat a guy 20 levels higher than you with a rifle . Get the hell outta here please. Shut the front door on your way out
Delete inactive accounts, use players as mission targets. I made your game 100% more fun for free, np.
Balanced stats is the key to success, I rarily ever lose from any mission target and I finished quite a few :p
If you mostly have difficulty with yours, change tactics or work on your own statbuild.
Needless to say but stating anyways, never attempt any targets while on xanax cd and certain tactics on succeeding a mission also depends on the requirements of course.
If you mostly have difficulty with yours, change tactics or work on your own statbuild.
Needless to say but stating anyways, never attempt any targets while on xanax cd and certain tactics on succeeding a mission also depends on the requirements of course.
That doesn't cut it. I am pretty balanced and always have at least a very close fight with mission targets. Further, when you have to hit multiples, one of whom you are apt to lose to at least once, or do multiple attacks for other reasons, the juice just isn't often worth the squeeze.
It all depends on how much you want the mission points v/s the E spent.
If you're really active, it won't matter much in the end and the heavier E missions can be saved for when you chain in your faction as well, as you can stack up to 3 missions at a time.
This is part of the strategy I mentioned before above, just weigh your options before mindlessly accepting any missions.
Currently I've collected 29 weapons mods, and at least 3 books through mission points.
It was worth it to me though, but can't speak for others.
If you're really active, it won't matter much in the end and the heavier E missions can be saved for when you chain in your faction as well, as you can stack up to 3 missions at a time.
This is part of the strategy I mentioned before above, just weigh your options before mindlessly accepting any missions.
Currently I've collected 29 weapons mods, and at least 3 books through mission points.
It was worth it to me though, but can't speak for others.
I often get the same mission targets as people in my faction with stats 50% higher than mine, all of us balanced. The system is unequivocally broken.
Seriously, I've done over 10k missions up til now and I don't seem to have the same issue apparently. (not saying it isn't an issue, just not for me)
One thing I did notice though, that since I'm going up the scale in terms of total stats (in terms of HoF # in comparison), my targets are usually taken, with either being attacked, mugged or worse left hosped for many hrs.
So my personal challenges atm with missions isn't the toughness of my oppenents, but simply how much competition I have with others going for the same mark.
One thing I did notice though, that since I'm going up the scale in terms of total stats (in terms of HoF # in comparison), my targets are usually taken, with either being attacked, mugged or worse left hosped for many hrs.
So my personal challenges atm with missions isn't the toughness of my oppenents, but simply how much competition I have with others going for the same mark.
I am beginning to run into the same problem.
Yeah, competition of same targets poses a bigger problem, yet it can also help with the right timing, because your opponents might be at less health before engaging them for instance.
I meant 1k+ missions btw earlier, small typo :p
I meant 1k+ missions btw earlier, small typo :p
I thought that sounded like a lot...I'm only creeping up on 600!
Anyway, yes, reduced health is the best way I have found to deal with them In the end, I am not saying missions should be a cakewalk, but they also should cost a whole Xanax worth of E for $30k and a handful of points.
Anyway, yes, reduced health is the best way I have found to deal with them In the end, I am not saying missions should be a cakewalk, but they also should cost a whole Xanax worth of E for $30k and a handful of points.
Save that one for a chain. There are a bunch like that. Take X damage and give Y damage, shoot 20,000 rounds, attack 8 different people, etc. Just leave it sitting there for a month or so until it's chain time, then kill two birds with one stone.
Personally I just decline about 20% of them because I'm way too lazy to waste a lot of time and E for minimal reward. Maybe if Duke added a zero or two onto the reward amounts, I'd find them more appealing.
Personally I just decline about 20% of them because I'm way too lazy to waste a lot of time and E for minimal reward. Maybe if Duke added a zero or two onto the reward amounts, I'd find them more appealing.
Never had a fair shot at trying to obtain good mission rewards?
What a load of crap - you had the exact same opportunity that everyone else has had, especially given your age.
The reality is that you either make a choice to do missions every day (or most days - some of them are a pain or not worth the energy spend unless you can tie them in with warring / chaining), or you decide they're not worth the effort and/or resources and largely don't bother with them.
Both are perfectly valid choices and there is no judgement on which path a player chooses to take - but what you don't get to do is bitch and moan about mission rewards not being accessible if you chose to not prioritise doing missions as often as possible.
You label missions as being a lazy design choice - I label your actions as being a lazy player choice. A valid choice as mentioned above, but a choice nonetheless that you have to wear the consequences of.
What a load of crap - you had the exact same opportunity that everyone else has had, especially given your age.
The reality is that you either make a choice to do missions every day (or most days - some of them are a pain or not worth the energy spend unless you can tie them in with warring / chaining), or you decide they're not worth the effort and/or resources and largely don't bother with them.
Both are perfectly valid choices and there is no judgement on which path a player chooses to take - but what you don't get to do is bitch and moan about mission rewards not being accessible if you chose to not prioritise doing missions as often as possible.
You label missions as being a lazy design choice - I label your actions as being a lazy player choice. A valid choice as mentioned above, but a choice nonetheless that you have to wear the consequences of.
Grave immediately