Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Disappointment

Started by Jammed [1531835] on in Graveyard.

81 replies · 1.74k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 82 / 82 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
82
Discussion span
→
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Jammed [1531835] ×2

Jammed [1531835]
A few weeks ago while attempting to gain the Bandolier merit (1000 rounds of special ammo) I noticed that 4 of my special ammo rounds had gone missing, I gathered the information and placed a Bug report.

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16143038&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20
025249
28-01-2020 16:06:47Jammed exchanged 61 mission credits for 500x 5.56mm Rifle Round Hollow Point ammunition
03-12-2019 05:47:25Jammed exchanged 76 mission credits for 500x 5.56mm Rifle Round Hollow Point ammunition
[image: snipboard.io]


“Hey, so unfortunately due to the calculations of special ammunition usage, small amounts were indeed missed.

"As per Chedburn in this report: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16141485&to=20022768

I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.”

This was confirmed correct but unfortunate as the system had lost a few rounds.

I purchased the special ammo using mission credits.

I also started a Suggestion thread knowing that it was asking too much to change the game for 1 or 2 players.


The feedback I seem to get is I should repurchase the ammo with more mission credits but that's a poor answer.

I understand this game is free to play so who cares but I feel this was a poor response to the bug report.

Is it impossible to credit 4 special rounds or some mission credits to replace the rounds that were lost by the game and not myself, I am sure there is an easy solution if someone could take a bit of time and look at it.

For someone that has spent a large part of his game helping others it is a disappointing response.

Mentions: Jammed [1531835]

ChaosReigns [2169241]
If you cannot be credit for the 4 rounds lost why not credit you with the minimum amount that can be credited? I understand it’s a tiny bug in comparison to others but if there is one thing Ched should have realised by now is “small issues that are left unresolved will end up eventually into overwhelming game changing issues (Bookie Exploit, Self Hosp to avoid Rad Effects etc)”.
joei [2474002]
this is a very important issue thank you for bringing this to light. hopefully this is patched ASAP before Chedburn has to restore TORN and we don't even get a merit
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee
Just so we all understand, we are talking about 4 rounds that went missing?

I see Adrenalinas's point in that bug thread though. He doesn't want to purchase another set of special ammo needed to get a merit.

Is your point the same? You are concerned about merits or just in general want four bullets?
Puscifer [61736]
It's not the amount of rounds. It's the principal. Replacing the rounds is the right thing to do. Or as some would call it....
Good customer service.
Z_junior [247674]
Loss of items caused by a bug should always be restored, Ched stated that throughout the history many times. This is just sloppy work.
Twitter [2309219]
It's the end of the world as we know it right now, and you're asking Ched to set aside everything else on his plate to rewrite some code to allow you to be credited with 4 special rounds?

Can you maybe just accept that shit happens and move on?
Andyman [471591]
Today I learned: It must be complicated for the developers to add individual increments of ammo.

It seems like a reasonable fix would be adding +1 refill to restore lost energy from missions.
kok [2316623]
If he bought it he should have it. Torn is a business after all. You can invest real money into this game and lost items should be a complete non-issue be it a tissue or a DP or 4 missing bullets.
Jammed [1531835]
It is more to do with the off-handed way it was dealt with, being called unfortunate and closing the bug report, No real money changed hands only mission credits and time.

I feel this was a lazy answer to a small problem and was hoped it would just go away.

There has got to be an easy solution to replace the missing rounds.
Jammed [1531835]
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16143038&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20
025249

Closed as an inconvenience
Twitter [2309219]
I understand your point, I really do. And in fairness, the game owes you 4 rounds or at least some form of compensation, I agree completely.

I'm just trying to point out that with most of the world's economies in dire straits and a very real fear of life-threatening illness spanning the globe, perhaps you can be a little forgiving of a cavalier attitude towards something so insignificant right now.
kok [2316623]
This has nothing to do with anything. You can't misdirect what is poor service to a situation non-related to a private company. TORN LTD is not a hospital or a health service provider. I don't think they looked at death toll in Italy and said, yep, that's it, let's make Jammed's life a bit harder by making him waste some more e to get more mission points to buy ammo he wouldn't need if it weren't for a bug to save a life of a corona patient.
Twitter [2309219]
I went to a restaurant the other day to order takeout - steak fajitas, and they have the best in town by far. For $13.95 you get not just an amazingly mouth-watering dish, but huge portions that easily make for a second meal...

But the carryout container I was given was roughly 2/3 the amount of grilled steak, green papers, onions, etc. To me, I felt that I was ripped off because I still paid the same price as before but for a lot less food. So I spoke to the manager, friendly of course because maybe it was just a mistake, but she confided that supplies were limited right now due to vendors having travel restrictions and being unable to deliver for the time being.

She offered a refund for a portion of the cost, but I declined because I felt like a jackass. She still had a lease to worry about, employees to pay, fear of getting sick herself...and here I was worried about getting a little less food. Man, I'm selfish sometimes...

None of us can know how Ched personally is impacted by this pandemic. Perhaps he has family who's been exposed, or maybe his livelihood is being threatened because the people who maintain his servers aren't allowed to travel to work because their jobs aren't considered "essential"....maybe he has some really important shit weighing on him, like most of the world......

Step outside yourself for a bit. There's some real shit going on right now, so yeah, perfectly understandable that a few rounds of special ammo wouldn't be a priority.
Jammed [1531835]
I don't think the missing special ammo is pandemic linked, however, it may over the last week or two effect how people view problems.
kok [2316623]
Now that you linked administrating a game database to both a global pandemic and food supply chain it makes less sense, not more.

Also, you didn't need to dislike my post as I provided a valid point and you provided conjecture.

There are certain professions that are really hit now and we know what they are and how they are affected ... it does a disservice to a restaurant worker that has shortage of supplies and a huge drop in revenue to be involved in this discussion.