19 replies · 187 views · thread synced · 11 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
50
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
Most-liked replies
Quilogy[2083745]
· 7 likes · My friend, if you need help, get help in some form. Do whatever you need to do. Mental health is serious business. Do not, I repeat, do not entrust your mental health to the Torn forums.
DUDE[1028023]
· 7 likes · Don't do anything stupid people. Your life is precious
Thrie[148961]Moderator
· 6 likes · While I understand the premise of this discussion, torn staff has been instructed what to do and misinformation from non staff is not helpful. If someone is seriously in dire need they should contact an appropriate health professional and not …
I'm curious. What would the torn community do if a new player as myself were to come on the forums and complain about feeling suicidal. I've spent enough time reading through the toxicity of the forums, seeing innocent men such as DUDE being slaughtered at the hands of internet trolls, although I'm sure that I am misled, and DUDE himself is the troll, but no matter what, I wonder what would happen if DUDE were to enter the forum genuinely feeling as if his life were not worth living. I wonder as to whether the toxic nature of the forum would eventually be shed in replacement of community spirit to back a fellow player, or whether the toxicity would remain, and every hater, troll, and wind up merchant could pertain to being a contributing factor to the player's downfall and/or suffering.
I myself am not suicidal, but as noob this is neither here nor there, I'm not looking for support or sympathy, simply in my depressed nature of overthinking it crossed my mind to start a quorum as to how the community would react.
We would report it to staff. Staff would identify the IP address of the person who posted such a message. Staff would then make a referral to the appropriate police department and get the issue into professional hands.
I think in the past, Clansy used to forum ban such people and chat with them one-on-one. The CM can see IP so I think she used to sometimes call irl emergency help sometimes and give them the player's info.
Don't quote me on this because idk how accurate that is. This all came from hearsay.
I think Dude deliberately encourages people to insult him as he is a troll. He's probably sitting back laughing at how many pages he can get in the forums. We all play differently and thats just dudes gameplay.
I've known a few trolls on other games who don't take the abuse to heart but actually enjoy it
While I understand the premise of this discussion, torn staff has been instructed what to do and misinformation from non staff is not helpful. If someone is seriously in dire need they should contact an appropriate health professional and not use seek advice from Torn Forums.
Here is a list of international suicide hotlines that one can call based on their country of residence: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html and here is a suicide prevention web chat: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/. suicide.orgsuicide.org Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines, Suicide Hotlines suicidepreventionlifeline.orgsuicidepreventionlifeline.org