Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Missing Players

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in General Discussion.

106 replies · 4.68k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 107 / 107 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
107
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
70 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

fhir [102524] ×1 Bunny [483720] ×1 MarlonBrando [1337797] ×1 LUCIFER_______ [2075755] ×1 Rob_Snow [2177733] ×1 missTypo [2215716] ×1 Player 2221403 [2221403] ×1 PeytonMarie [2227584] ×1

CRLF [2095076]
The ongoing global health crisis has impacted the Torn community. Some of our long-time members are taking time away to help with their families. And some have gone missing, possibly due to illness. As friends and faction members grow concerned, there's an interest in determining who is away with a "safe" explanation and who is missing.

Using the database I set up for fedded players and faction reporting, I created a report that shows players who were previously active and who suddenly stopped playing.

I came up with a list of 18 players in this first pass. I suspect this will grow in the future. I contacted the faction leads or co-leads of each faction to find out if some of these people were legitimately away.

Hopefully, these players are just spending time with family or no longer have access to a computer.

Previous list of missing members have had their status updated. New missing to be added later. I also added Rob_Snow at the request of several people.

Current report keeps the players who were missing last time and adds players who are in a faction and have a company job and who have been away more than 7 days. Two players added by request. All profiles manually checked to ensure a highly active account prior to going missing.

published: Tue 00:05:32 - 12/05/2020


[image: gyazo.com]
CRLF [2095076]
Please feel free to post the names of friends you have been unable to track down.

A general reminder: If you are active and plan on being away to help with family, let your faction know (or send me an email).

If you just feel a little bit ill, let us know while you're well enough to be online. Most likely, you will be fine, but at least we can check in on you.

Your friends will worry. Hell, even your enemies will be put out. So keep us posted.
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
Not being funny, but I don't believe slappy should be here... Thanks for the effort tho op, I hope all those others listed are alive and safe with their families during these trying times.

RIP slappy, you'll be missed man
CRLF [2095076]
I understand, he passed at the beginning of all of this.

But anyone looking for an old friend and seeing that they have gone absent in this window will raise questions. That's why I include the OK and Retired as well.

By checking here, even if they have heard slappy has passed, they will know it was not from the virus. Of course, I can remove him if that is what the faction wishes.
CRLF [2095076]
that's what I'm hoping.

I have a confirmation on Rosie, but Fixer and WD are AWOL, so will check with factions and add them
BaronVonDude [2169790]
For 39th, Tyler's retirement had been pre planned for months. Hy8 was also eluded to many times.

39th is current on all members but ty for the notice.

In this time it is appreciated.
, and we will miss those who have left our community.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor
I have definitely reached out to people in my contacts that I haven't spoken to in a long, long while. Just to be sure, and also to maybe brighten someone's day.

This is a strong community, but you never know who might need some help dealing with fear, anxiety, and uncertainty.

Nothin' shakin' on Shakedown Street
Used to be the heart of town
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart
You just gotta poke around
Relayer [1740703]
Jyu_Viole_Grace is good and loyal member. Yes we saw this and have the same concerns. I hope all the missing are happy and healthy and just busy with other things.

CRLF the fact that you did this shows great humanity at a time when we all need it. Thank you.
The-Mage [2474651]
I hope all the missing people are just busy with real life and my thoughts go out to anyone that has lost someone during this
-Grey-Worm- [2004851]
This is a great post, and shows that as a torn community, we care not just about our players but forge a bond.

I have to unfortunately ask for you to add the following player.
She's been missing for quite awhile. And it is not my place to say however she was having some complications before this outbreak.
With the outbreak going this bad, she's been MIA. Usually contacting her on discord works, it pings her phone, however she hasn't been on discord either... Please add her to this list & thank you. God bless everyone.

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2227584

In addition please add another player... According to torn He is an adult. 18 years of age.
Contacting him via discord unsuccessful ever since the outbreak...

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2075755

Mentions: LUCIFER_______ [2075755] · PeytonMarie [2227584]

CRLF [2095076]
ok, I checked their profiles. The difficulty is, their activity curves, especially PeytonMarie's, suggests that they gradually quit playing. Here is the activity for the two you suggested against two very active new players:

[image: gyazo.com]

You can see their activity tapered off a year ago.

Here is a graph of my activity with hy81rd.

[image: gyazo.com]

You can see he went from steady game time to a flat line for the last month, and that is unusual.

If I were to include every player who went inactive in the last 60 days, most of whom hardly played at all in the previous year, I would have just over 2,000 names, I know this because that is the list I started with before trimming it down. Most of these people never played a lot to start and then just drifted off. That is normal attrition and not related to the outbreak.

I'm specifically looking for highly active Torn players who suddenly aren't. I can appreciate that low-activity players can get sick too, and friends may be missing from Facebook or Discord, but I have no way of checking on these people. It seems most likely that they have just been off of Torn and off of Discord.