Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chain Timer format different between devices

Started by Windx [2223724] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 24 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
32 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
31 / 100
Windx [2223724]
Hello,

when observing another factions chain timer on my laptop (Google Chrome) I see the total time that the chain has been running for, as expected:

[image: i.imgur.com]

However, when I look at their chain on mobile, using the Torn app, it displays time until the chain breaks:

[image: i.imgur.com]

As far as I could tell, there is no way of seeing how long their chain has been running on mobile. I'm not sure if this is intended, but I would think that seeing how long until the chain breaks should be something you can only observe for your own factions chain.

Either way, all you'd have to observe is when the most recent hit occurred and figure 5 minutes later the chain breaks, if you wanted that information.
Windx [2223724]
Hmm I'm not sure that linked report is saying the same thing. They are talking about the time being off between the nav bar and the faction page.

In this case what I'm seeing is completely accurate, but I'm seeing different formatting of that accurate time between devices. The top image is exactly how I would expect the chain to look of a faction I'm not part of. The second is what I would expect to see when watching my own factions chain?