Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Starting a Foundry/Forge

Started by Hospitalize [1065848] on in Hobbies & Interests.

3 replies · 57 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
Hospitalize [1065848]
So, I've recently started looking into the idea of building a hobby foundry and forge. I've always loved the intoxicating smell of melting metals and am excited to get started. Does anyone have any pointers for someone before they get started?
Sleepygrey [2060469]
well, I can tell you what did not work for me. I had no luck getting charcoal hot enough, even with forced induction. Currently saving up for some propane regulators. The best thing I have done so far is taking a blacksmithing class.
AineMari [2117276]
INSTRUCTABLES - Start Blacksmithing

[url=https://www.sustainlife.org/tools-to-setup-your-home-blacksmith-shop/?keyword=blacksmithing%20classes&matchtype=e&network=g&adposition=&device=c&devicemodel=&target=&placement=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4dr0BRCxARIsAKUNjWQ7ohTh4MuL6K1uVI7m_0xk7BjjDn5jwsRsIaCU2ivA7hS9_Zfx15UaAs5WEALw_wcB]Tools for Setting up a Blacksmith Shop[/url] Some good basic info with further reading

SkillShare classes

Online basics class


Also google in your area for Blacksmiths or blacksmith classes- a lot of them do teach. Just depends where you are in the world.