Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Subscription or Donator packages?

Started by Techmaga [2531175] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 702 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
20
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

Techmaga [2531175]
Are you paying for the game? What did you pick and why?


I am new but I have been liking this game and community so far... so I have been considering the options but I don’t know what are in packages and the subscription model says it has some extra gifts... What are they and are they tradeable too?
Kelsie [340367]
I fully say become a sub. It’s easy, and I don’t have to fuss with buying DPs (I’m very forgetful). Not to mention, it’s sooo cheap. Don’t have to worry about trying to make money in game to buy DPs either. You will get two random items. Sometimes you will get books (not tradable) or other misc items in there. I will find the thread where people have posted their monthly sub gifts..

If you can afford it, I 100% say become a sub.

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=15924067&b=0&a=0

Mentions: What did you get this month for your subscriber-

VanilaNightmare [2310825]
If you are trying to decide between becoming a subscriber or purchasing DP's for personal consumption, I would go the subscriber route simply because of the bonus items (random enhancer, sypply pack, book, etc) & points. As a new player, they can help you get on your feet just a little bit quicker. Additionally, I dont think there is anything you get as a donator that you dont also get as a subscriber so there really is nothing to lose.
Woodworm [2486158]
Get a sub, don't bother with buying dona packs, or well maybe buy one or two to kickstart your econ ingame, but you will most likely sell the dona packs, then go to casino and lose all the money, feel bad and quit. So if you plan to buy dona packs then first read a lot of guides and learn what you want to do in the game and use the money wisely.

After a few weeks your econ will be good enough to supply yourself with dona packs for donator status, or just go get sub and you get auto dona status along with some fun gifts at the start of every new month.

You get two special items every month, some of them are books (you will learn to love them!) and some are items that you can sell for profit but sometimes you get some quite garbage items. However the average rewards are really nice!
Candi_ [914753]
a long long time ago i bought DP's direct from the game with real money. At that time i don't think Subscription was a thing. Once you find yourself logging in for 18 hours or so a day, subscription is the way to go, saves all that faffing about. You can of course buy DP's with game money, but too my mind that's money you could be spending on better stats or something.

Subscription gets you monthly gifts, often a book , crime enhancer or energy drinks etc, plus the 150E instead of 100.and benefits given by DP's
Kegabyte [2352085]
Honestly, I bought a few donator packs when I first joined haha but I've been a subscriber for a while. It's not like getting stupid dlc in some app, but this actually helps development.