Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

About the dump...

Started by jackgonz [2533260] on in Questions & Answers.

19 replies · 1.99k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
18
Likes on archived posts
37
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

Most-liked replies

jackgonz [2533260]
Soo new player here, completing missions and all that when they suddenly tell me to get to the dump. A cool idea but I was just expecting usual garbage... and suddenly I get 3 cars, sports like at that. Is that something usual to find or did I get lucky?
DedeSiregar [2430598]
U are not lucky. I know someone who found something worth more 1 bill and just dumped the item again. Highly doubt he lied to me because that was his first day and he didn't know what that item was and how much it is worth. I didn't even know the item either at that time.
Triplicant [2037705]
Old roommate of mine found a pair of high heels on like day 1, didn't even pick them up as "I don't like the way they look." Astounding.

OP, the dump has every / anything that players have trashed - SO during seasonal giveaways, or if you get lucky, you can score decent.

Mooooooostly gonna find garbage-tier items though :p
LadyVendetta [1687618]
Usually, The items found in the dump are not worth the energy you spend. Of course there is a small chance you might find something half decent in there but usually its just trash people throw out in order to obtain their merit.
AirQuotes [2302761]
If you care about merits, there is one for trashing 5000 things, and another for finding things in the dump.

For newbs it is a bad way to earn money. Build your stats.

I search the dump if I'm going to China or sleep and have 5 energy left that I don't want to waste.
zorndyuke [2177535]
It's basically a lottory with all the items people trashed in there.

It's not known what is inside.. in theory there is always the chance that Duke or someone else gets bored and "trash" a really valueable item in there.

On some seasonal events (check Community Events forum and Newsletter, stay up2date) Duke trashes items that you can find. For example "Bag of Humbus" was part of the Christmas trashing where he did throw like dozes thousands of them in the trash and everyone could play the "lottory". It's basically "take 1 random item of the full pool". So if there are like 1.000.000 Items in there, there is a 1/1.000.000 (0,000001%) chance to get what you want. Of course this chance increases if there are multiple same items in there (so basically if you miss the first one, it still could be that you actually hit one of the other one. Like a Raffle Ticket).

Better use your energy to either level up to 15 and/or for the Gym only. Using energy on the Church or Dump only if you go for a merit hunt or if you would waste the energy other wise.

When I go to sleep and want to travel to China etc, but have energy left (Current Gym needs minimum 10e to train, so having 95 energy means that 5 are left over, therefore I can use them on the dump and test out my luck.. probably get a Lollipop for it lol).
Candi_ [914753]
Its definitely better to waste 5E in the dump before heading to bed/work(if no access)etc, though if i had just 20E left i would probably use a can to do something with the 25e before leaving
Woodworm [2486158]
Old dump worked like this, however after the dump remake the chance of getting a specific item is no longer weighted by the total amount of items in the dump, only by the total amount of different items in the dump.

If you would have 10 million bricks in the dump and one pair of high heels, then you will have 50% chance of getting a brick and 50% chance of getting the high heels if you do 1x dump search.

Source: https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=1&t=15999032&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=17603948

- The dump searching system has been greatly simplified also, and no longer uses awareness. The old system that utilised awareness actually created a blind spot which meant the same items would appear frequently (especially for those with high awareness). With this system removed, an item will instead be chosen based on how many different item types are currently in the dump. So currently there are 333 different types of items sitting in the dump, if someone was to drop say... A donator pack, or some other high value item in there, you would have a 1 in 334 chance of finding it.
zorndyuke [2177535]
Interesting.. this is actually pretty nice.. That means I am actually pretty unlucky or there are just no valueable items in there?
PaulJohn [2732053]

As a newbie. Am I lucky to find Dong : Effy, Dong : Greg, Dong : Holly, in 3 consecutive search in the dump. I literally just pick everything I find in the dumb lol. This was like a few years ago, I haven't playing this game that much.