Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Stock Blocks

Started by Baws [1704965] on in Suggestions.

46 replies · 605 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
47
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Baws [1704965]
I’d like to see an option where a faction can purchase stock blocks, for use to its members. I find myself loaning several blocks on a regular basis to people within my faction that are unable to afford them or the block has too few shares.


The L/CL would be the only ones able to purchase the blocks. The blocks would have to be purchased via faction vault, you couldn’t deposit personnel blocks to the faction.


It would be a new permission to give to members.


“Loan Stock Block”

If a member tried to leave the faction with it, it would be returned just like loaned weapons and armour.
If the faction is destroyed I’d prefer to see the stocks returned to the market than the leader.


Please leave thoughts and additions in comments.


~Baws
Lat [1187876]
I'd agree with it as most other things can be done via faction but I'd worry it removes a risk factor, which I dont really like. Currently it relies on trust to loan a stock block and I think that is necessary.
Sabatini [1875071]
Naah...

I down voted the thread because I really think this is a bad idea. I like the risk vs reward part in Torn. It requires somewhat of an social part in your gameplay. All incentive to keep this game as a social game is a must.

Also it would be to easy to abuse.

example
1. Random faction buys 100 BB that gives FHC
2. Every faction member(=multi) must hold a BB and send FHC it back to faction as an "payment".
3. Profit!
Kamikaze-Tool [2035028] Committee Committee
I upvoted. I am constantly asked about lending out WSSB and TCB by new players to the game. I know WSSB is a relatively cheap block, but the lack of any way to safely lend these two blocks out means my typical answer is no. Simply can't take the risk to help out new players.
Baws [1704965]
Maybe then the blocks available to factions could be limited to ones that reduce times on things as supposed to give items?
Therefore all the blocks you’d aim for initially like SYM, FHG, HRG, BAG, LSC, etc are not available to be purchased for a faction?


You only be able to buy say a select few or limit the number a faction may hold would be another way to stop factions playing the stock market?
Christ [1915488]
Anything that pays out a dividend or item is not allowed to be shared.. as it leads to possible "farming".

The perk one's are fine though.

Have the same system as faction loaning for weapons and stuff. Where you can retrieve your block whenever you'd like.

I think this system still has the same risk, as the faction leader or anybody with access to stealing it has access. Still some risk, but does help new players.
Delldax [1978647]
Why not have faction specific BB’s so the bonus effects all faction members but they cost significantly more than the normal BB’s. If they’re giving 100x the benefit they should cost a bit more than normal
Evil_Proceidus [2202452]
i think the idea was for the faction to be able to hold a block and loan it to whoever like one would loan weapons or armor. However i do like the idea of faction wide buffs if a faction owns a BB. shares held should be proportional to members in the faction or the total space to make it fair for the little guys. For example a person might need 100,000 shares for a block, a faction with a capacity of 25 should require 2.5 million shares and a faction with a capacity of 100 should require 10 million shares. this of course would be proportional to the individual shares required for different BBs.