Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Just Born!

Started by -Solax- [2534488] on in Graveyard.

19 replies · 615 views · thread synced · 18 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
19
Likes on archived posts
59
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

Most-liked replies

-Solax- [2534488]
I figured I would introduce myself.

I am a 29 year old male. I found this game by searching for text based games since that is one of my more favorite games on pc. I hope that I can connect with some people and make something great happen here.

Im willing to do some odd jobs if anyone has something. I would like to start off strong and on the right foot. Also if anyone had some good tips for a noob.
D-V [1918071]
Hey dude! Welcome to Torn!

Biggest tip most people have for a new player is to read guides to understand the game better. You can find tons in this forum.

Some of the first ones you should read are the ones about making money, and protecting your money. When I was a new player I found that reading these guides, it was easy to get overwhelmed trying to make money in all the ways at once, so I'd say don't worry about doing that, just find what style of play works for you.

And also join a decent faction, they'll help you more than you realize.
Apeks [2141899]
Welcome, mate. Check out Baldr's guide and feel free to message me if you have any questions about anything Torn.
Lambdadelta [1938313]
As many have said check out the tutorials and guides section.
Two very common pieces of advice you will most likely receive will be as follows.

A.) Don't neglect your stats, gains are small at first but once they start going they fly.

B.) Respect players in Torn. There are some morons in this community like any other but I wouldn't go picking a fight with someone who has been here for any considerable amount of time. They're stronger than you and will most likely have the resources to cripple any progress you're making.
Hellhound3381 [2342703]
Just have fun, ask for any advice if you need, we are all here to help you :)
Get in faction as soon as possible, that is first because with faction you are stronger.

By the way, don't get triggered if someone stronger defeats you or mug you. Torn is marathon game, there is always someone stronger than you but hey - one day you will be big fish in pool if you be active and train! :)
VitaGreta [1867016] Wiki Contributor
That account aged well?!

Solax, I mean Jim-Gyp

I am sure Calling Bogie incompetent after a warm welcoming from his side helped you..

pathetic..
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Honestly, I am embarrassed at myself for not checking this guy first. I had just hoped it was an honest newbie and wanted to welcome them to Torn, but alas, not the case.