30 replies · 711 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Solon[1972318] · 27 likes · Remove functionality because of this? No bueno
Jynx[2087322]
· 13 likes · This report shows "fixed" when in fact you just broke something else. And because it offended the sensibilities of one person, you inconvenience the rest of us with a "fix" that leaves us in a worse situation than before. Why …
ironbones[955178]
· 10 likes · If it ain't broke don't fix it homie
Okay, When traveling and receive notification of completed virus programming, I click the link and am directed to the PC page of the virus programming selection screen, this shouldn't happen as, A) I don't have a PC, and B) use of a PC on airplane is prohibited. This link should direct to the laptop screen, not the PC screen when traveling.
Thank You.
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #2
You can also use a Laptop to program a computer virus though. The functionality is present, right here:
That's true, however the default seems to be taking me to the PC version of the virus programming page vs the laptop virus programming when traveling. And those that do not own a PC should not be directed to the PC page at all, always to the laptop. I hope I am not rambling and this makes sense.
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #4 · edited
Just to confirm, you are saying that it is redirecting you to https://www.torn.com/pc.php page despite you not owning a PC ? The PC page has white border as shown below:
Yes that is correct. I confirmed this by checking the URL prior to submitting bug report.
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #6
Hmm, it does seem weird to have it redirect you to PC page if you do not own a PC, perhaps it should be changed to redirect to laptop page (although the functionality is identical, and I personally do not see an issue either ways).
I will pass this on to Joe to see if he thinks we need any changes in this regard.
I really don't have a clue how to resolve this, other than setting up a redirect on pc.php to go to laptop.php if you're traveling, that'd be pretty awkward for several reasons. I think it probably makes the most sense to just remove the link from the event, this means the user will need to go back to their item and manually use it. Probably for the best. Thanks.
I fail to see the validity of your no bueno response. the functionality is not affected, just the way you access it. there is no reason a PC should be available during flights under any circumstances, only laptops should be accessible.
Solon[1972318] · #12
You caused other bug reports and more mess. Just because of your idea of what is right.
I humbly disagree, I merely brought this to the attention of the development staff, they are the ones who decided on, and implemented the change. and it's not my idea of whats right, there is no other scenario where you're able to access a PC while in flight, and that is the way it's been since well before my time.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Accessing the PC during flights has always been possible since way before I started playing. Most players are aware of this, so are the helpers and developers. Even Chedburn has been aware of this. It was reported in the past, but the developers made the decision to keep it that way
I've never had the virus programming link take me to the PC page while on flight, the only exception being when I never had a laptop. If you have neither a PC nor a Laptop, I question how you started programming viruses in the first place
Regardless, I will try to replicate your so-called bug by using the virus links in my old events. If I cannot, I will create a suggestion rally for the change to be reverted
This report shows "fixed" when in fact you just broke something else. And because it offended the sensibilities of one person, you inconvenience the rest of us with a "fix" that leaves us in a worse situation than before.
Why not replace the page's "pc" with "online-services" and restore the direct link back in the event notification. Then it doesn't matter if you have a pc or a laptop.
I only have a laptop, and that is how I started the virus programming in the first place. I dont use a PC in game as there is no point since I own a laptop. I see no way that you can turn on your PC while in flight since you dont have access to your items, so I am not sure how youre able to access your PC. perhaps enlighten me.
I am just going to say this and I am done with this topic and the forums in general. I dont get why I am being persecuted when I am not the one who chose the fix, I am sorry to those that are inconvenienced by the change made. My intention was to improve the gameplay experience, not to disrupt anyone else's and certainly not to make anyone have to click three times vs one click. Should the developers decide to revert this change so be it, I ultimately dont care, I didnt create this game and have no vested interest in it's success or failure. I will no longer participate in or report bug or issues found and any found will not be exploited.
I wish none of you any ill will and the best of luck going forward