I just checked the missing accounts in OP and none of them are showing activity. I'll run a new check in a few days for additional accounts.
Torn Missing Players
Started by CRLF [2095076] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 107 / 107 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
R.I.P Wardog
I can make a script for that if you want?
Oh, I've got the list but it has 5000 people on it. I need a way to trim it down
I'm working on a new posting for this. I'm going to refresh the fedded list first, and then make another pass here.
Jyu_Viole_Grace has resurfaced and is apparently ok, so will be removed from the "missing" set.
If you plan on going away for a while, please let your faction know. It'll save us some effort, thanks.
Jyu_Viole_Grace has resurfaced and is apparently ok, so will be removed from the "missing" set.
If you plan on going away for a while, please let your faction know. It'll save us some effort, thanks.
I was a serious player of EverQuest when 9/11 occurred. There was similar outreach regarding players who suddenly disappeared. Even though these are virtual games, we are real people. Lots of support was given in EverQuest to people who were going through that emotionally difficult time.
I think it is wonderful that you are doing this. Most of us here only know how to contact each other in Torn or Discord, but many of us might have one or two people who know how to contact us in our outside Torn lives.
If any of these people listed play other games also, maybe people who know them there can check to see if they have been playing those games
I think it is wonderful that you are doing this. Most of us here only know how to contact each other in Torn or Discord, but many of us might have one or two people who know how to contact us in our outside Torn lives.
If any of these people listed play other games also, maybe people who know them there can check to see if they have been playing those games
This too shall pass.
I updated the OP with some new names. Please let me know if you've recently spoken to any of them, thanks!
So you're alive? Or have you returned from the grave to haunt us?
updated the OP to reflect MB's status.
Plot twist: He was never alive to begin with!
Added Stoned to the OP. He never logs off and has been missing for a week.
Turn off your 5g now.. Just kidding this is a morbid topic. It is not said but your looking for a dead person. That's the goal it seems.
Can staff make this a sticky potentially? It is very dire times right now and we gotta make sure we support each other and shit (and continue to war of course!).
Had one of my work colleagues lose a close aunt to this shit and it's f**king heartbreaking (found out over a video call with him). Hope everyone is doing alright!
Had one of my work colleagues lose a close aunt to this shit and it's f**king heartbreaking (found out over a video call with him). Hope everyone is doing alright!
.....I for one, as being one of the 'missing' when this thread was created find this quite intrusive and personally think said thread was created for her 'gossip group' as she clearly enjoys busy body-ing around in everyone's business...
...Imo, there is no personal concern for anyone's wellbeing here...
...Imo, there is no personal concern for anyone's wellbeing here...
OP updated. Faction member checked in.
Intrusive? No concern for anyone's wellbeing? I am sorry that you are offended that someone actually CARED enough about you to notice that you haven't logged in for awhile and added you to the list. With such a negative and shitty attitude like yours I certainly wouldn't have given a shit if you went missing and never returned.
These are our Torn friends and family, in some cases people we have known for YEARS. People do quit and people do die and with everything happening in the world today it sucks especially hard to lose touch with people. You might not give a shit, but I assure you that most of the concern is heartfelt and sincere.
These are our Torn friends and family, in some cases people we have known for YEARS. People do quit and people do die and with everything happening in the world today it sucks especially hard to lose touch with people. You might not give a shit, but I assure you that most of the concern is heartfelt and sincere.
I agree with Rosie here, while the OP's motives for creating this thread might be sincere, it is intrusive.
I'm usually quite active myself, but if I decide to not log on for a week or more, I don't wanna become part of a list or raised concern about me.
True friends online have my personal details anyways if they wanna reach out.
This whole Corona virus is bullshit anyways, but that's a different discussion alltogether, which I won't digress in here.
I'm usually quite active myself, but if I decide to not log on for a week or more, I don't wanna become part of a list or raised concern about me.
True friends online have my personal details anyways if they wanna reach out.
This whole Corona virus is bullshit anyways, but that's a different discussion alltogether, which I won't digress in here.